Dissent offroad bumper pic thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a white LC, anyone do anything other than white or black with the front bumper? I'm trying to decide what color I wanna go with. Right now I'm leaning toward black with evo grey horns.
I don't think so, only because the lc has tan trim vs an lx that's all white. Here's what i did, prismatic satin titanium and black on the frame mounts.

20190128_153923.jpg

20181219_095410_HDR.jpg

20181110_125015_HDR.jpg

20181204_175407.jpg

Easy.

Ben offers the bullet style led signals on his bumpers

OR

You can install / exchange TLC corner signals in place of your pointless corner parking lights and run the previous bumper/fog signal directly without modifications to bulb wire or harness

Personally I'd do both

Has anyone done a write up on exactly how to wire the bullet style led's or is it plug and play?

Has anyone done a write up on exactly how to wire the bullet style led's or is it plug and play?
Most bullet have positive and neg leads. Wire the five lights in a series with water proof butt connectors. Then use a 2 lead/terminal water connector to the oem parking/turn wires.

I chose to purchase maxxima 3lead bullet lights. So it has a neg, pos (parking), pos (turn). I wired in the 5 bullets in series to a 3lead waterproof connector then to the oem connection. I did have to extend the positive wire from the turn signals.

If you are using leds for your turn signals you’ll need to change your turn signal relay to one that will work with leds.
I have a 05 lx470 and the wiring and relay may be different but I just listed some things similar to the things I used.

Amazon product ASIN B01A6LTK44
Amazon product ASIN B07JJ6YYKL

New Graphic:

fullsizeoutput_3d6.jpeg

Just got my aluminum front mounted up damn it looks awesome!

nbK6npB.jpg

2qcdlSz.jpg

vOqA3Uf.jpg

ExlZY9t.jpg

That looks amazing. If you don't mind sharing what you did as far as powdercoating I'd be interested. Really like the textured black against what I'm guessing is Evo gray. Waiting on my bumper and trying to figure out what to do as far as paint...

Just got my aluminum front mounted up damn it looks awesome!

nbK6npB.jpg

2qcdlSz.jpg

This looks really good 👌🏻 How was your front AHC pressures with the aluminum front bumper? Those projector shrouds really look good too! (Are those the gattling shrouds?)
vOqA3Uf.jpg

ExlZY9t.jpg

This looks really good 👌🏻 How was your front AHC pressures with the aluminum front bumper? Those projector shrouds really look good too! (Are those the gattling shrouds?)
Thanks! I have not looked at the AHC pressures yet. I plan to do a fluid flush and tune up on the AHC system asap but one of the things I was waiting for was installing the bumper. These are the cheap eBay headlights: 98-07 LEXUS LX 470 LX470 PROJECTOR HALO CCFL HEADLIGHTS | eBay

Got the lights set up today and the Dissent power fist haha

White/Amber strobing 3x3 flush mount lights: https://amzn.to/2wA3PpI
Lightbar: https://amzn.to/2T1Hwkd

kUqUjoe.jpg

ES5yYsE.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty cool how the side lights have LEDs that change color. Never seen that before.

Thanks! I have not looked at the AHC pressures yet. I plan to do a fluid flush and tune up on the AHC system asap but one of the things I was waiting for was installing the bumper. These are the cheap eBay headlights: 98-07 LEXUS LX 470 LX470 PROJECTOR HALO CCFL HEADLIGHTS | eBay

Got the lights set up today and the Dissent power fist haha

kUqUjoe.jpg

ES5yYsE.jpg
Nice didn’t know you replaced the whole HL assembly I thought you retrofitted it with Morimoto lenses and changed the shroud. Nonetheless it looks really nice. How’s the output of the lights? Did you upgrade to HiD too?

Nice didn’t know you replaced the whole HL assembly I thought you retrofitted it with Morimoto lenses and changed the shroud. Nonetheless it looks really nice. How’s the output of the lights? Did you upgrade to HiD too?
I've got HID for the brights and halogen for the normal headlights. I do agree they look great.

I realized the front 3x3 slots are great for ditch lights but not at all for fog lights. I just didn't realize how sharp the angle was. I added a set of amber LED fogs at the bottom of the bumper and wired them to my OEM fog light switch. They are cheap so if I smash them up oh well. Yellow fogs are so good when driving in thick snowfall so they're worth it.

Here are the amber fog lights I chose: https://amzn.to/2HEahyf
Lightbar: https://amzn.to/2P9Xl7g
3x3 ditch lights: https://amzn.to/2HF6Dnx

Question: is there a license plate bracket I am supposed to use on the front bumper? The holes are too wide for a standard US plate.

9KlGlMX.jpg

ei91W3E.jpg

cosq09u.jpg

Last edited:
I realized the front 3x3 slots are great for ditch lights but not at all for fog lights. I just didn't realize how sharp the angle was. I added a set of amber LED fogs at the bottom of the bumper and wired them to my OEM fog light switch. They are cheap so if I smash them up oh well. Yellow fogs are so good when driving in thick snowfall so they're worth it.

Question: is there a license plate bracket I am supposed to use on the front bumper? The holes are too wide for a standard US plate.

9KlGlMX.jpg

ei91W3E.jpg

cosq09u.jpg
That's a tough spot for fog lights if you're off-roading! I also wanted functional fog lights so I went with Rigid SAE fog lights, exchanged the housings with some flush mount Rigids, painted the lenses Metal Cast yellow and added some Rigid angle mounts to get them to face forward.

fE3v4e_WvqQl7Ydm45JZ9p8zzVqlDD7Z5DWM5VpW0cqCb-7wIspq9K4zeIHKCVecu6oBbEyuCwlJXL1NZ_iIIdjqW-M1KS5ngrdw8rQgyuGK27DfPQVbUlIU9BncTNp5ip30PXoALynWuCjK_Ks8Og-deRLsKlFH7kn1aAbcZ_dbzRs89o1nj_gyJn0th0CJwxSeqI301_g4iWijIs6IXaOgHj_jsKqk9Uor1xdl8d_chIlt8rAjHLjlUe4e1ds7vNCSyq-EjaJUf9iao1apm5gxzkXd6n11OKnzgg19hqvbuBqcUospGNQvMj6EdF8e67tbNgjlAdpEWaiS6AtBoZOqYh3NakbD2HSL7JTSkPwQd_Fkt-7MXTYZ8G_YCy1qRlZBWqE_bENoKG2oo4LCReymEQkZtrQGsMitRYx_n71Q-QMvRjyMKtaoXCKZcZpjzC3BNZwoPdvy5w19HsPR-_5hXSK5p-piTYneVVCtObppe-PB1Mc8wSu7Kz64hnGBp67SC1KhOhxuwPhsoaaLnCX07bGeRKCCB2bR1yL5l7TPcbUPuhEn3RNK16ts9N8iaUy_K9OREo62qLWvnF8RKMZd6JXMucCaP-FcHnHmA-OJ9JA2ygn827BjuKbYI6SD9ydEb7NVWNPKPzFXKavUFgJBHP_lE7ck2VcFk9ZJ1v-qF7p5TdK10A=w1302-h938-no

As far as the license plate, I know @benc was working on a flip-up mount to sit over the fairlead bit I think that project is way down on his list of priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom