disk brake swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a slight problem, where to start? I have a67 fj-40, I need 68 or newer diffs. I found a set from a 81,he whoud like to keep the disks off the 81 for his 68. I have all the parts for a mini truck convertion, I know thay will fit the 68. Will they fit the 81 housings? It's a big parts swap the two of us are doing to help each other out . He wants to keep his as close to stock, gears and tie rods. Mine is a big mod so gears, and ties need to be changed anyway. Will this work? ??? ??? ???

im not sure completely if it will work but dont forget about the gear ratio,you got 4.11 now and hes got 3.70,QUITE a difference there.just keep your stuff and do the mini conversion.thats what id do.i think youll lose out on that one.
but who am i and what do i know anyway :D
just thought id throw you a bone 8)
shawn

now that i actually read the dang post, go for it if you are going to change stuff,but i think the suspension is different in some way starting in 80-81???
HEY WOODY WANNA COMMENT??? HE KNOWS BEST :D

I'm told the 81 diffs are stronger,the gears don't matter for I'm going with 4:88. the shackle rev. is done, also the saginaw steering box mounts .SOAis next after finding dif, my 67's have the ball joints no good. If the suspension is different the spring perches have to be moved anyway.I hope Woody can reply He seams to know all :D :eek: ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom