Discreet 40" LED Lightbar on Factory Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, I bumped this a year ago and was checking for a while then I forgot. Now I missed the train. Would I be able to get a buy still?

Wow, I bumped this a year ago and was checking for a while then I forgot. Now I missed the train. Would I be able to get a buy still?

Yep, I have a few bracket sets left. PM me.

Hi folks, for those that had interest in my original brackets, I had another batch made and have 14 sets left. Available on Ebay now (link below). Thanks!

interested in some brackets.... pmd thank you

If they're out of stock, I have two sets, one drilled, one blank (and an awesome 40" black oak lightbar) that I'd sell.

Would it be possible to use a dual row lightbar with these brackets? I have a dual row off of my old rig and was hoping to use it.

I don't think the mount prevents a dual row from working. You drill your own mounting hole, so you have flexibility. I suspect that the challenge will be making sure you have clearance, given the slight curvature of the roof. And wind noise...

I don't think the mount prevents a dual row from working. You drill your own mounting hole, so you have flexibility. I suspect that the challenge will be making sure you have clearance, given the slight curvature of the roof. And wind noise...
I guess I should have phrased the question better. Is there enough space above where you would drill for a single row to move the hole up to account for the space required by the dual row to clear the roof? Yes, the wind noise will be an issue but I’m looking for a temporary solution until I buy and get my rack.

Can always extend the mount vertically by putting in a vertical tab. I have a single row bar that touches the roof via weatherstripping foam. Above the hole is about 3/8", maybe 1/2" (hard to get a tape in there). The top of the bracket is 2 3/8" from the roof surface.

I guess I should have phrased the question better. Is there enough space above where you would drill for a single row to move the hole up to account for the space required by the dual row to clear the roof? Yes, the wind noise will be an issue but I’m looking for a temporary solution until I buy and get my rack.
I don't think we can answer that without knowing more information. For example, how your light bar mounts, and how much of the light bar extends below the mounting points.

The black oak single row was mounted with a single post centered vertically. I don't have my drilled plates (sold them) to tell you how much room I had, but I do have a new set of unused, un-drilled plates that I could use to give you an idea, if you share more about your light bar.

I'd just buy a set and try it, It isn't like they're super expensive. You might even be able to instal them upside down to give you more latitude to raise the mounting points. They just mount to the bolts on the factory crossbar.

Hey there. I understand what you are asking and I don't think my brackets will work for a double-row lightbar. They are not tall enough and there is not enough metal space on the bracket to mount a light bar higher (since you'll need to with a taller double-row). Things are pretty tight and snug as it is. P.S. you should have your brackets today.😉

20210218_085026.jpg

What you could do is just make an small extension plate out of a 1" flat stock, mount it to the front hole (that would host the single row), and then raise it up as an extension to mount the double row. Not sure how clean it would look though. Personally, I'd just hold until for the single row. 😉 Cheers! Johnny

What you could do is just make an small extension plate out of a 1" flat stock, mount it to the front hole (that would host the single row), and then raise it up as an extension to mount the double row. Not sure how clean it would look though. Personally, I'd just hold until for the single row. 😉 Cheers! Johnny

@CharlieS Already got one on order. Figured the price warranted a test since I already had the lightbar from a previous build. I like the idea of installing them upside down, I think that might do the trick, especially since it's temporary.

@WildYoats Yes, the single looks perfect but I already have the dual row bar so was seeing if I could reuse that one. This was just planned to be a temporary measure until i get a roof rack so want to buy the lightbar that will be best for that setup. Excited to get my brackets. Thanks for doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom