Disabling the AHC and AVS systems, no warning lights. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

turbo8

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.ee-offroading.com
I have deleted the whole AHC, AVS, and AFS(disabled) systems and been driving around since January 2020 without problems.
lx570 jump.jpg

lx570 jump 2.JPG

Today I attempted the first steps into getting rid of the AHC/AVS systems, I think I was successful. I still need to do some more testing to make sure warning lights don't come on, like taking out the shocks.

Here is what I did:
Put vehicle in low mode(didn't know what was going to happen, so I figured this was the safest setting to be in)
Disconnect the battery
Pulled the AHC relay in the engine compartment fuse box.
Pulled 2 ACH fuses and 1 AFS fuse from the passenger side fuse box.
Disconnected the AHC ecu in the back of the vehicle.
Waited 30 min.
Reconnected the battery.

The little lcd screen no longer shows the vehicle height position and no warning lights. The AHC/AVS levers and the off button don't do anything nor do the lights come on when toggled.

I drove it around the block up to 25mph without any warning lights. I was checking to see if it would try to raise itself up and throw an error.

I then disconnected the battery and put everything back together. All systems functioned as normal.

If @Wotan or @bacalis would like to try this and verify it works that would be great.

20190929_161213.jpg

Do this at your own risk, you may mess up your vehicle.
AFS is different on 2016+ models this still needs a work around.

Last edited:
Probably the King 3.0 shocks.
Front shocks for a Tundra (I have Tundra front arms) and rear shocks for the 200 series. 2 to 3" lift rear springs.

This is awesome. Maybe I should start collecting Tundra parts now. How easy is it to disconnect the rear ecu?

This is awesome. Maybe I should start collecting Tundra parts now. How easy is it to disconnect the rear ecu?
To get to the AHC ECU, you will need to remove a 14mm seatbelt bolt and a 10mm bolt from the plastic step plate. Everything else is held together by plastic snaps. It was easier to get to than I was expecting. You will need to remove driver side 3rd row seat, mine had been previously removed.

Last edited:
Hopefully @bacalis can try this out soon since he has standard suspension installed on his, he has a bunch of errors and noises.

This weekend I'll disable the AHC system and disconnect the height sensors. I'll verify if the following works: 4lo, center diff lock and crawl control.

Hopefully you’re onto something here! Also stability control, AFS headlights?

Disabled the system again tonight. Only took me 10 minutes this time.

4lo works
Center diff works
Crawl control works
Stability control works
Traction control works

AFS does not work but doesn't give errors. Button doesn't do anything.

I left it disabled so I can check other things if you want.

20191001_191112.jpg

20191001_191424.jpg

Last edited:
Is it possible that the 570 ECU and the TLC are the same? It’s amazing that it just ignores the AHC stuff once you removed the suspension control module.
They are the same, I checked.

LC has the AHC 60amp fuse installed as well. I left that in place and removed the other fuses and relay.

I’m totally happy with my AHC but morbidly curious about where you end up going with this. Have you thought about an approach for removing the pump, hardlines and accumulators?

I’m totally happy with my AHC but morbidly curious about where you end up going with this. Have you thought about an approach for removing the pump, hardlines and accumulators?

I'm going to wait to hear from bacalis to see if his errors go away.

If they do, I'll remove as much as I can.

What are your plans for swaybars?

What are your plans for swaybars?
I'm probably going to remove the front sway bar and leave the rear. If there is too much body roll, I'll put the stock one back on. If there is still too much, I'll put a Tundra one on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom