Dillion Club Run May 22, 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, we aren't sure if Virginia City has gas, I'll top off in Enis. I don't have a way to store a gas can either, If @adventurefamly brings his snazzy trailer he has about 63 jerry cans and could likely help us off the trail if we fill him back up with premium jet fuel. I am not too concerned but if you have an easy way to bring a can or two, it could help the group.

This pops up on Google for gas in Virginia City... but it looks old school. 351 N C Street, Virginia City, NV 89440
I was able to find this question and answer section on their official website for the town, and if memory serves me correct I do recall seeing this 24-hour gas pump in the location that this article says it's in so I will also top off an Ennis and keep my fingers crossed for Virginia city, and I'll probably bring two or three extra gallons of fuel just to be safe.

I was able to find this question and answer section on their official website for the town, and if memory serves me correct I do recall seeing this 24-hour gas pump in the location that this article says it's in so I will also top off an Ennis and keep my fingers crossed for Virginia city, and I'll probably bring two or three extra gallons of fuel just to be safe.

I bet we will be fine, there isn't a lot of gas where we are headed so it might be good to have a bit extra. Again, I won't be carrying any.

@elkun1 45.06286,-112.24200 I'm going to try to leave the four corners area between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. if you want to meet up
@Boondocker_153 and @elkun1, I can meet you in four corners Saturday morning, since I am driving from Billings and will be crashing the night in Bozeman. Same Cenex gas station that everyone else is meeting at on Friday?

@Boondocker_153 and @elkun1, I can meet you in four corners Saturday morning, since I am driving from Billings and will be crashing the night in Bozeman. Same Cenex gas station that everyone else is meeting at on Friday?
👍 Town Pump in 4 corners let's do 7:30

Sounds fun! I look forward to hearing the trail reports and seeing the pics.

So years ago, yes i'm old, was talking to an old timer buddy of mine that was telling me that back when wagons were the favored mode of off roading there was a trail that went from the ruby to dillion. there was a spot with a big rock outcropping that the off roaders would take axle grease and write their names on the rock. he'd seen it but doesn't remember where it was at which is an attribute i'm finding more everyday. pretty sure it wasn't on the sweetwater unless it's been rerouted . might try to locate it this summer.

There's definitely a way to get from Ruby/Alder to Dillon, but I imagine you're thinking of something a little more adventurous. Now I'm curious if I can piece together old tracks from the satellite views and find a way through the actual range.

All packed up, getting excited. I got an honest 3-4 inches at my place last night but the snow hardly stuck to the asphalt... supposed to be mid-50's and mostly sunny tomorrow. Should be down right nice.

Well, we aren't sure if Virginia City has gas, I'll top off in Enis. I don't have a way to store a gas can either, If @adventurefamly brings his snazzy trailer he has about 63 jerry cans and could likely help us off the trail if we fill him back up with premium jet fuel. I am not too concerned but if you have an easy way to bring a can or two, it could help the group.

This pops up on Google for gas in Virginia City... but it looks old school. 351 N C Street, Virginia City, NV 89440
We will be carrying an extra 20 gallons of jet fuel if things get dicy. I spoke to a friend in Ennis and he said there is gas in Virginia City and gas/diesel in Alder.

not going to make the campout tonight, still building hydroponic tanks for the new hoophouse. planning on the 4corners meetup saturday morning. will bring the 84 flatbed

Hey Drew, I am out for the trip all together something came up I have to do tomorrow. Have fun all and be safe!!

Hope you all have a great adventure. I'm sorry to have to miss this one.

@Boondocker_153 @406Camper @elkun1 Just received my Saturday waiver. See you all @ 7:30
So this should be the crew that is meeting up Saturday @ the Town Pump in 4 Corners

@CCRider
@406Camper
@elkun1
@Stryder03
@TommyGuns

I would like to hit the road @ 7:30 from 4 corners, I plan to top off fuel in Ennis just in case there is an issue in Alder (I called the Alder gas station and they have a 24 hour pump). I will be on CB Channel 4 and "listening" on the ham 146.460

@halfsmilingfj said he is out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom