Differential Breather Kit - Breather valve with cap removed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi All - Just picked up the ARB diff breather kit. Went to remove the rear diff breather and it is longer than the front and passes through a brake bracket. It won't work with the fittings provided in the kit. Does anyone know what the breather valve looks like under the cap?

Has anyone come across this and can I just pull it apart and clamp a hose on the top?

Photo of the front breather valve:
front diff breather (2).jpg

Thank you. I saw that one and another that had very clean barbs without the cap. I couldn't tell if they were the same part or an alternative one with just the barbs. I appreciate the feedback. I'll pull it apart and post what is under there.

Taken apart. Hose over it will work well. A bit of an eye-opener how clogged it was even though the cap moved freely with the spring. I had to clean it out with a screw. I now need to check the t-case one. This is from a '76 in case anyone else comes across this. Not certain if it is the same for all years.
breather apart.jpg

I still have a few of the factory rear axle breather extensions available for sale. $10 each with a qualifying order, one per customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom