Difference between 200 and Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patrick - I am 41 here with 2 children ages 7 and 8. The pretty ladies (wifes) prefer to sit on the tailgate so they can see around the tailgating arena. We are over in Chapel Hill most football weekends. Hopefully UNC still has a program after all the NCAA investigations. ;)

Patrick - I am 41 here with 2 children ages 7 and 8. The pretty ladies (wifes) prefer to sit on the tailgate so they can see around the tailgating arena. We are over in Chapel Hill most football weekends. Hopefully UNC still has a program after all the NCAA investigations. ;)

Sounds like I'm a few years behind you, I've got 1 and 2 year olds, tough days sometimes.

Friend of mine owns a few bars in the Raleigh area. The Goat, The Bison and the River Rat. I spent a year down there a long time ago. Great town.

I drove an old 85 Toyota Minivan (Tarago) back in those days. We would pile like 12 people in there and head over to UNC. Certainly no LC but great memories.

I didn't know you own a 4runner as well. Seems like you own every 4wd vehicle on the market.

-Perhaps a really short or weak person might have issues pushing or pulling things to the end of the cargo area. I have never experienced that issue. Oddly my 5'4" 72 year old father in law has not had that issue in my LC either.

Ha, he's on my ignore list so I don't have to endure the tripe he spews but the fictional internet life of Pagecreature...It's filled with the hundreds of vehicles he's/she's owned without ever having two cents to rub together and the myriad women he's imagined all while remaining a virgin.

Poor little thing though, still can't grasp that the breakover and approach angles on the Sequoia are far worse than on the LC200 and it's departure angle is not superior either. He simply can't grasp facts. Let's not get on to wheel travel, while he's shown a total inability to understand the concept of minimum ground clearance on a solid axle vehicle. As for the claim people buy a vehicle with a Toyota badge for their "ego" shows how out of touch he is with the fresh air of the outside world.

They say ignorance is bliss, but for Pagemasterbator every day is a lonely session picking fights on the internet in his mother's moldy basement. This thread needs closing and the wee man needs banning followed by counseling for his own good.

I dunno... If you aren't hung up on the entertainment of it all this is actually a very informative thread.

No ban anytime soon. The powers that be around be around her have clearly decided to keep the idiot around. Guess he generates traffic of a sort. Quantity is better than quality. Probably time to give up on this place.

Pagemaster is probably one of the mods posing as a moron just to see how much we actually know :D

Well much can't be said about the 200 series. It must be the most boring/yawner looking $75k vehicle in history.

And something has to be said about faux wood trim on a $75k vehicle......or how about the pathetic 80's style clam-shell rear hatch...

I agree that the fake wood trim is a real headscratcher, as well as the "non-removable" third row without serious effort and likely a little damage. IMO, Toyota is trying to do a liitle too much these days as far as differentiating from Lexus. I think they went a little too far with certain models (LC, 4Runner for instance). As far as ground clearance and approach angles, I think the crash standards that keep increasing had a lot to do with that - all can be resolved by larger tires/lift however - so not a real biggie IMO. The hatch is fantastic for tailgating, gearing up for hunting/fishing, or just hanging out...

I look for a mid-cycle refresh next fall (2012) and hopefully they will address some of the cosmetic issues like going to hard drive NAV/Entune... cooled seats would also be nice - the Sequoia and Avalon somehow have them as options?? But having said all this, the 200 is the only Toyota product I would remotely consider owning at this point.

...the 200 is the only Toyota product I would remotely consider owning at this point.

This.

Although I do have my eyes on an '07 Lexus IS350 as well...

About a year ago me and a buddy were loading 2x4s into his 4runner, the glass was all the way down but still the weight of the wood forced the glass off track. Easy fix for him but a PITA, wish we had the cruiser with us that day...

Hopefully UNC still has a program after all the NCAA investigations.
GO PACK!!!

I think they went a little too far with certain models (LC, 4Runner for instance).

Why do you feel these two vehicles?

The 4runner looks good, the new Taco will look somewhat similar. From what I understand, the 4runner is a sales success.

The 4runner looks good, the new Taco will look somewhat similar. From what I understand, the 4runner is a sales success.

The new 4Runner is awesome! I bought the wife a 2010 Limited back in 04/10. She loves it. Our biggest complaint is that it doesn't have memory seats for two drivers which really sucks!

The new 4Runner is awesome! I bought the wife a 2010 Limited back in 04/10. She loves it. Our biggest complaint is that it doesn't have memory seats for two drivers which really sucks!

The 4Runner has been one of Toyota's best redesigns of the last few years. Not much to complain about other than some solid improvements over the previous model.

Same thing with the Land Cruiser 200 which was a solid upgrade over the 100.

Our biggest complaint is that it doesn't have memory seats for two drivers which really sucks!

Boo hoo hoo. Get a '92 FJ80 and talk to me about lack of features :D

Great debate! I owned and drove a 2000 lc 100 for about five years and loved it. I know it's not a 200, but it was a wonderful truck. After the lc, I bought and drove a 4d rubicon and took it all the places I'd driven my 100, and more. After owning the jeep, I longed for something bigger which had rear air, so I bought a 2nd gen '08 sequoia. I then took my sequoia all the places I took my 100 and some places I took my rubicon. I can say that my sequoia performs similarly to my 100, but no where near my jeep. I love my sequoia as I've lifted it and gone to TRD wheels with duratrac 33's. I'm willing to bet the 200 is probably superior, but for what I've been doing, the sequoia hasn't let me down. The 4wd system is similar to my 100 and It takes my boys and I to all the same places my 100 did. I will admit that I sacrifice some clearance with an independent rear end, but my sequoia has the same ifs as my 100 did so that's really the limiting factor. I paid 29k for my used SR5 and it was much cheaper than a used 200. I did look at 200's before my purchase and the interior is very similar to my old 100. My sequoia has served my boys and I well in the Nevada desert and we have taken it many places that many others might not dare. I think the choice really comes down to cost and being realistic about where, off road, you may be going. In my humble opinion, the sequoia is underrated. I love mine and would not hesitate to recommend it as a moderate off roader.

Peace, mike.

Ooops, I must have overlooked this. I was disappointed to see no V8 in the 4runner and they seemed to cut some other corners interior finish wise compared to it's Lexus counterpart, the GX. Granted I would always choose the 4runner over a GX, but the lack of a V8 sucks. Same with the LC through 2011 ... the 2013 took a big leap interior wise (HDD nav, cameras, radar, multimedia/entune, seats and trim, etc.) and more on par for a 75K vehicle. Now just hate the round fogs :). JMO.

The Sequoia is a 4wd bus.

The LC is a troop carrier.

They are not in the same league off roading.

IMO.

..........I think the choice really comes down to cost and being realistic about where, off road, you may be going. In my humble opinion, the sequoia is underrated. I love mine and would not hesitate to recommend it as a moderate off roader.Peace, mike.

Very nicely said... We are getting a few Sequoia's here too, (in the land of LCs..;)) - all Made-in-USA and there isnt much in the market (at all) for mods.. However we took few stock 2013, 2011 for some pretty decent desert runs and they performed pretty well. Yes the 20,21'' rims are bad for sand.. , but you get plenty of juice from 5.7L V8... a proper lift kit and bigger tires - Sequoia can be a really good off road vehicle ! i have a friend currently lifting his 2013 - will post details... but for now enjoy the stock 2011 taking few slip faces :clap:

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 7.13.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 7.13.26 PM.jpg

Great debate! I owned and drove a 2000 lc 100 for about five years and loved it. I know it's not a 200, but it was a wonderful truck. After the lc, I bought and drove a 4d rubicon and took it all the places I'd driven my 100, and more. After owning the jeep, I longed for something bigger which had rear air, so I bought a 2nd gen '08 sequoia. I then took my sequoia all the places I took my 100 and some places I took my rubicon. I can say that my sequoia performs similarly to my 100, but no where near my jeep. I love my sequoia as I've lifted it and gone to TRD wheels with duratrac 33's. I'm willing to bet the 200 is probably superior, but for what I've been doing, the sequoia hasn't let me down. The 4wd system is similar to my 100 and It takes my boys and I to all the same places my 100 did. I will admit that I sacrifice some clearance with an independent rear end, but my sequoia has the same ifs as my 100 did so that's really the limiting factor. I paid 29k for my used SR5 and it was much cheaper than a used 200. I did look at 200's before my purchase and the interior is very similar to my old 100. My sequoia has served my boys and I well in the Nevada desert and we have taken it many places that many others might not dare. I think the choice really comes down to cost and being realistic about where, off road, you may be going. In my humble opinion, the sequoia is underrated. I love mine and would not hesitate to recommend it as a moderate off roader.

Peace, mike.

Great post. I now have a 100 and in about 3 years plan on moving to a 200, based on your information I will also look at the Sequoia since I do little off road and like the body on frame 100 for size and durability and reliablity.

This is a pretty hilarious thread... considering I just sold my Sequoia for a new LC, there is absolutely no comparison. The Sequoia was huge and had TONS of room for everything which was great, but more room than I actually needed. As far as fit and finish and driving characteristics, the Sequoia is far behind the LC. I noticed the difference on my test drive immediately and everyday I notice how much smoother it drives and feels like it was built stronger. The Sequoia seemed more bouncy and not controllable if that makes any sense. All I can say is I love the LC and very happy with the trade. I do have to say that I did not have one problem with the Sequoia and it treated me well, it served its purpose well, just not as nice as the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom