Diff Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I might catch some heat for this but here goes.

I am thinking to change my car back to bone stock so that I can comfortably use it as a daily driver along with my 200. With the kids and all, I feel like my car will never hit the trails anytime soon. Plus I saw a stock one at the hardware store the other day and it got me thinking.

The biggest and most expensive challenge I have are the gears, everything else is easy. I have cryo plated 4.88s and I know its not going to be cheap to change these back to 4.10s.

I can either have a shop change them back to 4.10s and charge me an arm and a leg or trade diffs with someone, which is less labor costs and less parts costs. My car is a low mileage car, I think i have about 135k on the clock. If I were to trade diffs with a higher mileage car, would that be a problem down the line?

The gears are the only thing left for me to figure out before I start taking everything back to stock.

What do you guys think?

Sorry, meant to post on 80 series board.

no worries, but BTW, I would just sell your truck and buy another. If you want a stock 80 there are some excellent imports available.

If it's the 80 I am thinking I have seen visit my BIL and SIL in Glendale/Burbank keep that thing just the way it is and make the random excuse to drive some trails in the Crest Forest.

Too bad, I was hoping you wanted 200-series 3.90 gears... I would've gladly swapped mine with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom