Diesel Tundra in the U.S (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.anzaborrego.net
I surely hope so. I know that Honda is planning to bring over a diesel Accord, Civc and Fit (maybe?) in 08-09. I'm hoping Toyota will follow suit and bring over diesel 4Runners and LC's.

I wish they'd make up their minds... Two years ago, it was all a go.... then last year they scrapped it to focus on hybrids... now it's back?

Like I replied to the blog/article, the press release they cited really has nothing to do with any diesel for a Tundra, though I hope Toyota is moving forward on one.

I'd like to see a diesel Tacoma. the Tundra is too much truck for my needs.

There are Tacos in Asia that are diesel driven and they rock! Too bad we never get those trucks here.:mad:

^^ Hilux is what they're called. Some even come with solid axles...

I hear the Hilux can get 30 mpg on the Hwy?? If so, when is Toyota going to start giving us the good stuff? Of course, living here in Kalifornia means my future is probably batteries, not diesel....

Yeah, emissions is the reason why there's hardly any diesel-powered cars in the States.

There was a new one at Surf n Truf 2007. It had Mexico plates on it.

It was crew cab short bed Turbo diesel model.

It had Texas plates on it, but I guess that is part of Mexico now.:flipoff2:

Beautiful truck, it was purchased in Argentina, imported to Florida. The guy that owns it lives in Texas.

The D4D motor is very compact, but seemed to move that truck just fine.

Was it Texas? Sorry, couldn't rememeber the plates exactly. I was in awe of the rig.

It had Texas plates on it, but I guess that is part of Mexico now.:flipoff2:

Beautiful truck, it was purchased in Argentina, imported to Florida. The guy that owns it lives in Texas.

The D4D motor is very compact, but seemed to move that truck just fine.

A diesel toyota is the only vehicle I would consider buying new. I hope it happens - and I hope it comes soon.

Now that the new tundra is really holding it's own with domestic full size pickups, the only US market toyota is not competing in is the heavy towing segment. There's a ton of people willing to shell out 40-50k for a 1 ton diesel ford/chevy/dodge. I'm guessing it won't be long before toyota decides they want a chunk of that market as well, especially with the Hino tie in everywhere else in the world.

06-66-6f_toyota_hilux_4x4.jpg

We can import these but they are short on options, rather small but you could drive them forever darn near.
A friend in Khazakstan that used to work for BJ Services out of Houston said they had these over there, stripped down basic trucks, change the oil and filters and just keep filling up the diesel.. several 100,000's of miles on them.

We can import these but they are short on options, rather small but you could drive them forever darn near.
A friend in Khazakstan that used to work for BJ Services out of Houston said they had these over there, stripped down basic trucks, change the oil and filters and just keep filling up the diesel.. several 100,000's of miles on them.

Nice!

Now that the new tundra is really holding it's own with domestic full size pickups, the only US market toyota is not competing in is the heavy towing segment. There's a ton of people willing to shell out 40-50k for a 1 ton diesel ford/chevy/dodge. I'm guessing it won't be long before toyota decides they want a chunk of that market as well, especially with the Hino tie in everywhere else in the world.

Put me on that list.... a Hino powered crew cab dually Tundra would be the only thing to make me part with my 7.3 Powerstroke.

Beautiful thing right there. Its a shame that the US market isn't willing to see beyond the norm and demand more of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom