DIESEL OIL FILTER ALTERNATIVES 90915-30002 / 90915-30002-8T And others. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reposting here as there's not much traction in the clubhouse area and I believe more people will see this in the official Diesel Tech forums here it goes 90915-30002 and the 90915-30002-8T vs other filter alternatives

Link here to the other thread
filters cut open

Does anyone have experience in these cheaper alternatives?
1663023263504.png
1663023362291.png

I just realized you might be posting about 1HDT engine.......

Last edited:
The 'T' indicates made in Thailand not Japan.

From my experience and research, all of the aftermarket filters use an accordion-style paper filter inside, hopefully double. The better ones may have more folds (denser filtration) but that’s about it.
On the other hand, the made-in-Japan Toyota OEM uses toilet-paper-roll filtration x 2. The made in Thailand uses toilet paper roll x 1 and accordion x 1.
As much as I believed I could buy aftermarket after doing my research I’m buying the 8T (Thai) filters at a minimum, and preferably the Japanese ones.

If I can't afford toyota, I just go donaldson (pretty good), buy a 12 box and forget about hunting for awhile. Keep an eye for sales like terrain tamer, ryco, bigger brands who at least claim quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom