Wanted Diesel 2H or 1 HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to locate a 2H or 1 HZ. At this point will consider rebuilt, parts vehicle, long block, or short block depending on cost, location, etc.

Preferably something on the east side of the continent but will consider other options.

Thanks,

Sean

New York

Last edited:
I just picked another 1HZ up, but it won't be in country for a bit. I'm in Denver, so not exactly east coast anymore, but not too bad given that Denver is a shipping hub. Right now, it's a full 1HZ drivetrain w/h55f and tcase. It is 24V, so keep that in mind when planning what will be involved in your swap. As with all the engines I bring in, I will have full compression numbers available before I would take any money for it.

I also grabbed some locking 70 series axles. If you are going into a 40, they make a really nice upgrade.

Last edited:
I have a 12HT if that interests you.

I also have a low mileage 2H with the top end re-done (last owner let it freeze).

~John

there is a complete 87 HJ60 listed in the vehicle section, higher K's, in Quebec

PM's sent. Thanks.

3 Puppies, thanks. Saw it and are considering it.

Sean

when buying a 1HZ or HDT MAKE SURE you have the BEB checked.
i have purchased a couple 1HZ engines off mud members and have had BEB scoring. just a heads up.

Thanks Wayne, good advice.

You don't have any, do you?

nah, the last one i had sold 3 weeks ago.
i have a line on a very healthy 3B and a decent PZ but that is all.
sorry, i know 1HZ are hard to find in decent condition now.

which vehicle are you installing this in?

Going into an 89 62. Hit 280,000 a month ago but she has sprung all kinds of leaks and I don't feel it is worth putting work into the 3FE. Been wanting a diesel for years.

Want to stay with a 6 cyl, thanks for offer on 3B. Also, trying to stay (if I can afford) with a newer diesel.

Cheers,

S

also look at the isuzu threads...
i am thinking i might give one of these a try. cheaper than toyota, just as reliable, SEEMS to have better power and better fuel economy ...

just a suggestion

Bottom End Bearing (aka Crank Bearings)

Scott,

I'll give you a shout Monday or Tuesday re the 1HZ.

Thanks,

Sean

I have a 1987 HJ60 complete with a 2H and an H55F 5-speed.
Everything that should be on the engine is there and works. ie. Glow system, EDIC.
It has the factory A/C however there's a leak somewhere, but the compressor does engage and spins.
The engine has roughly 365,000 km's (roughly 227,000 miles).
The interior is brown. It's a bit dirty and the driver's seat is torn up. The best part of the interior is the dash which is in excellent shape with no cracks or damage.
It has a 24 volt electrical system.
The bad things about the truck is the body has had some bad body work done to it at one time from a previous owner. The rear frame is rusty. Needs shocks and possibly springs.

The truck is located in Toronto, Ontario Canada just north and west of where you are.

Here's the link for what I'm selling.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/465428-hj60-5-speed.html

i was considering this truck for the kid but the kid can't afford the price tag.
a complete truck makes for a wicked donor for a swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom