Desert Does It Installs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Since a bunch of us are getting these, I thought I'd start an install thread. The other one was a sales announcement, this can be more of a how to, ask questions of other installers thread.

I'll update this as I complete my install.

Last edited:
Seat Jackers:
134FD4CB-9DEC-467E-8F6C-135AD60624CA.jpeg

6E28D228-6177-4F1E-9E68-3F0BFF2DAD0C.jpeg

This may look a bit odd, but once I get past the initial couple of threads by hand alone I switch to this. I find that I can feel resistance better and have a little better dexterity/grip when I use a short slighty knurled extension. Hand thread them! And be sure to use blue loctite.
A394B2B2-CD53-48D6-AF5A-B991648D4352.jpeg

Last edited:
Multi Mount Panel (a.k.a. MMP):
2D2FBDFA-995E-4716-B91C-70397DCE43AA.jpeg
9D394348-9BBA-49CF-8BD3-DC4A7B7797E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Magnets, right angle bracket, clock-able extension, possible add ons.

I'm probably going to put a ram ball on there with an arm for either my handheld ham or my ipad mini for trips. I was going to put a single place yakattack mount for a yakattack ball mount, but the fastener holes don't line up.

6E407E41-389E-4966-BF1A-7D29E19D4F51.jpeg
B44D674B-193A-4139-857B-3A23524F8F3F.jpeg
5F8E9AED-FFA3-4F6F-A943-1CD36C232CD1.jpeg
7DB61B4B-3FED-438E-919F-DA0BB748E3A5.jpeg
3E32781A-AA75-4286-A2F7-0A52927397CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Fire extinguisher mount:

FACF17CF-584F-434F-96F5-89B5402976DC.jpeg

Install tips:

Make sure you have blue loctite thread locker handy. Luckily I most always have it in the shop. (Might be a nice perk for DDI to include a small packet to save people that don't stock it a surprise trip to the hardware or auto store.)

The plastic seat mount covers are only clipped in on one end (rear of the rear mount and front of the front mount). You just pry the clipped end out a tiny bit and upward (from both sides) to release the plastic clips and slide away from the seat (rear covers straight back, front covers straight forward) to slide the plastic tabs off the metal tangs.

If you use the seat adjustments to move the seat all the way forward to loosen the rear seat bolts, you'll have easy access. Similarly, slide the seat fully rearward to do the rest of the install. (maybe too obvious, but we have people with different experience levels here).

Loosen the rear seat mount bolts pretty far. This lets you tip the seat way back and makes lots of room to work.

Use something to hold the seat up if you are working solo - I used some foam blocks from an old kayak mount.

D678CF9A-37F9-494B-AFBB-67F7CBFA5705.jpeg

Only tighten the stainless bolts as much as you trust. I found the torque specified in the instructions (15 ft-lb) to be too much, stripped a head and dropped back to doing it by feel.

If you have the least bit of OCD tendencies, look for the ddi stampings and orient them to be upright upon installation.

You may need to mess with the foam strips on the extinguisher to find a perfect fit rather than going exactly by the instructions. My extinguisher is a little larger than it is specced for, so I had to fiddle and will likely seek out some 1/16" foam.

Last edited:
Finally installed my DDI Seat Jackers, MMP, angled extension and clockable extension:

IMG_2262.JPG

I mounted 4 magnets on the back of the MMP - they are really stout, and any major force forward will just drive whatever is attached there into the magnets instead of away from them, as would be the case if they were mounted on the frot of the MMP.

IMG_2264.JPG

The Bladetech TeckLok holster attachmenet is a perfecy fit on the clockable extension - a perfect fit and location for my... you know what ;)

IMG_2266.JPG

Plenty of room to install and remove the floor mats easily. Also enough clearance - just - above for the seat to be positioned all the way forward without hitting the top of the extinguisher mount.

IMG_2267.JPG

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the newly liberated space under the seat... 🤔

Not enough real seat time yet to draw any meaningful conclusions about ride comfort with the seat jackers, but... I like them a lot so far. Very surprised by the difference they make in choosing the best seat position. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and was never able to find a good seat position that offered both thigh support and lower back comfort. So far, with the seat jackers, I'm trying to choose between several different options which all feel better - some of which, surprisingly, have me moving the seat closer to the steering wheel instead of set all the way to the rear. This relieves strain on my arms and avoids the feeling that I'm reaching for the steering wheel.

Anyway, great set of products, excellent fit and finish with a multitude of setup options. If I had to find something to quibble about, it would be the extinguisher mount. Unless the eventual replacement extinguisher is EXACTLY the same diameter as the current extinguisher, then one would be searching for some different foam inserts; but I guess I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

HTH

Not enough real seat time yet to draw any meaningful conclusions about ride comfort with the seat jackers, but... I like them a lot so far. Very surprised by the difference they make in choosing the best seat position. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and was never able to find a good seat position that offered both thigh support and lower back comfort. So far, with the seat jackers, I'm trying to choose between several different options which all feel better - some of which, surprisingly, have me moving the seat closer to the steering wheel instead of set all the way to the rear. This relieves strain on my arms and avoids the feeling that I'm reaching for the steering wheel.

We are about the same build. I recently installed the seat jackers, and I think? they are an improvement. I have some local around town time and two couple hour drives on them. Not enough time to make a verdict but I like them so far. I'll have to try different positions other than "all the way back and all the way down". It is a little harder to hop into the truck now that's for sure, lifts the seat bolster towards the front quite a bit.

Finally installed my DDI Seat Jackers, MMP, angled extension and clockable extension:
I mounted 4 magnets on the back of the MMP - they are really stout, and any major force forward will just drive whatever is attached there into the magnets instead of away from them, as would be the case if they were mounted on the frot of the MMP.
The Bladetech TeckLok holster attachmenet is a perfecy fit on the clockable extension - a perfect fit and location for my... you know what ;)
Plenty of room to install and remove the floor mats easily. Also enough clearance - just - above for the seat to be positioned all the way forward without hitting the top of the extinguisher mount.
Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the newly liberated space under the seat... 🤔

Anyway, great set of products, excellent fit and finish with a multitude of setup options. If I had to find something to quibble about, it would be the extinguisher mount. Unless the eventual replacement extinguisher is EXACTLY the same diameter as the current extinguisher, then one would be searching for some different foam inserts; but I guess I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

HTH
Digging this set up.

I found the magnets to be lack luster.

I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and was never able to find a good seat position
As usual, the detail @gaijin includes in posts are super helpful. I was wondering whether the seat jackers were designed to give powerful and explosive manlets more vert, or to provide leg angle aid for those with more gangly getaway sticks.

Great banana holder, too. I'm using the Victory center console molle pannels, but the clip mechanism for IWB/RHD does not engage, so always floppy. I will correct this with angle grinding, but it's worth the work to have a setup that enables remaing holstered during transition in/out of vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom