SOLD Denver: FJ40 Tool roll (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Incomplete tool roll for a 1969 I believe.
IMG_2670.jpg

Definitely Toyota tools:
IMG_2673.jpg

Made in USA Tools that confused me because they match the original design. I'm not sure if there was a time these would have ever been original.
IMG_2672.jpg

Tools I can't find a markings on but look original
IMG_2674.jpg

$250

can we see the other side of the wrenches? Please.

Last edited:
I have been have a hard time valuing this stuff, I know its pretty valuable. I am open to bids if I valued it too low. Here is the other side of the wrenches.
IMG_2675.jpg

Last edited:
Incomplete tool roll for a 1969 I believe.
View attachment 2389436

Definitely Toyota tools:View attachment 2389438

Made in USA Tools that confused me because they match the original design. I'm not sure if there was a time these would have ever been original.View attachment 2389441

Tools I can't find a markings on but look original
View attachment 2389447

$250
It's a great start for someone in search and price is fair. The owners manual is also a good selling point, don't see alot out there anymore in fair condition.
GLWS
Later mudders.
Peace Troy

Brian, you better get it. You are more knowledgeable than I am and you are way excited about it.

Very cool roll!!! Some observations:

The spanners aren't OEM and neither is the darker handled screwdriver. Spark plug wrench is original, but the bent looped handle detracts a bit. The philips screwdriver sure looks like original. Take a close look at the shank. You should see TOYOTA MOTOR JAPAN. Super nice pliers which look to be original to a 69 roll also. Lug wrench looks original also - it should be 21mm. The brake adjustment tool is not original. The manual doesn't look to be in great shape, but sure is a bonus! So is the original content list! Take a look at both sides of the hammer head also. Although possibly very worn, on one side you should see 450G with a 1 underneath it (designating 450 grams or 1 lb), and on the other side an H inside of an O and the word JAPAN underneath that. The canvas is dirty - exactly as it should be! No visible holes either!

@bustanutley thanks for offering it. I'll just say, in my truthful opinion only, that $250 is a fair MUD price, albeit on the very low end of the spectrum.

Brian, Troy, and Paul, like all your comments!

I have PMed him as soon as thread was up, to take it. Still waiting to hear back.

Probably have not get around to get back to me. Will see how we go. Thanks Brian.

Dan Mirabito, aka dmamj, has been giving me great help completing a kit for my '63, but I also accumulated some tools that I don't need
in that same quest. For the fortunate Mud who eventually gets the kit offered by bustanutley above, I have a full set of six mint TEQ
wrenches and a slot-tipped screwdriver correct for the kit available at my cost. Or, if wanted instead, a set of four of the six TEQ wrenches.
PM me? Regards, Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom