Denver area windshield installer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a recommended windshield installer. I used someone previously that I found on the forum, but cannot find it again. The guy I used for the install had a mobile unit. He came to the Stevinson Toyota West location and installed it in the parking lot. As I had ordered a new factory windshield from Stevinson. I can't remember his name or the name of his business. I was hoping some of you guys might have some recommendations for a Series 100 windshield installers in the Denver metro area. Thanks for any help.

You looking for a quality install or saving pennies? I went with a vendor threw our shop and was all in 125 bucks. But he did leave a couple scratches on the paint at the pillars (as most installers do). I have his number if youre interested. Premium auto glass was the company. He is familiar with the 100's

Bump for recommended Denver installers? I have some larger rock chips and have glass coverage with my insurance. Will be looking to replace next month or two.

Looks like there are a dozen different Safelite locations in Denver, doesn't get much easier than that

We use All Star Auto Glass at the Lexus dealership I work for....very close to Toy West

Safelite in Fort Collins did a great job on my windshield recently. They fully understood the complexities of the 100 Series install and even preemptively informed me that they use rivets and follow factory specifications. They were very communicative and provided pics of the process as well. Not super close to Denver, but figured I'd mention it.

Safelite in Fort Collins did a great job on my windshield recently. They fully understood the complexities of the 100 Series install and even preemptively informed me that they use rivets and follow factory specifications. They were very communicative and provided pics of the process as well. Not super close to Denver, but figured I'd mention it.
That's awesome. When I called Safelite for mine, I wasn't allowed to talk to a technician and the phone person had no clue what any of that meant. She kept repeating the corporate line that, "All our Safelite technicians are certified on every vehicle they work on and we guarantee the labor on our work."

Were you able to get that info upfront or just when they arrived to do the job (or when you dropped it off)?

That's awesome. When I called Safelite for mine, I wasn't allowed to talk to a technician and the phone person had no clue what any of that meant. She kept repeating the corporate line that, "All our Safelite technicians are certified on every vehicle they work on and we guarantee the labor on our work."

Were you able to get that info upfront or just when they arrived to do the job (or when you dropped it off)?

After scouring the forums trying to find a local shop that knew what they were talking about (with no luck) I called 2 places in FTC, the 1st told me they use screws b/c the risk of damaging the the glass was too high. The second, Safelite, told me that was BS and if you have good tools installing properly with rivets was not risky at all. I think I just asked something like "I understand the install process on these Landcruisers is tricky, are you familiar with them?" Funny enough, the installer was walking his dog by my house a couple days later and recognized my truck. I was out in the driveway tinkering around with something and he stopped and was eager to chat about the install and clearly took pride in his work. All in all an A+ experience with them.

I had a similar experience with Safelite you need to bypass the 1-888 call center people and get down to the local shop. Take the time to tell them the concerns and see how they react. My local shop was on board with helping out

I had a similar experience with Safelite you need to bypass the 1-888 call center people and get down to the local shop. Take the time to tell them the concerns and see how they react. My local shop was on board with helping out
That was my plan while shopping for LX job. It may have been one-off Covid rules, but all local numbers were re-routed to the generic call centers and they specifically refused routing me to any local place. They said I could schedule an appointment and then discuss the specifics when the installer arrived at my house to do the work. If I didn't like their answers or preparedness, they said I could just cancel the appointment at no charge. It was an odd way to do business, haha. I said no thanks.

That was my plan while shopping for LX job. It may have been one-off Covid rules, but all local numbers were re-routed to the generic call centers and they specifically refused routing me to any local place. They said I could schedule an appointment and then discuss the specifics when the installer arrived at my house to do the work. If I didn't like their answers or preparedness, they said I could just cancel the appointment at no charge. It was an odd way to do business, haha. I said no thanks.
Yeah it is a strange way to do things. My insurance provider was able to get me the Safelite local shop number, otherwise it's damn near impossible unless you just stop by.

My shop didn't use rivets because the holes were pretty blown out and I wasn't too concerned. They used a bit of paint around any exposed metal and sealed it up nice and I moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom