Deep Watercrossings in 70s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have watched a LC cross a spring creek flow and a CJ7 float down the same spot.

currents are something i respect completely, i am not concerned as much about depth.

Why don't you guys just locate the nearest bridge and save yourself a lot of trouble?:)
.......1978HJ45

Why don't you guys just locate the nearest bridge and save yourself a lot of trouble?:)
.......1978HJ45

Some times there are no bridges:meh:

looks like fun

I agree however our rivers and creeks are full of snakes and alligators so when get out to tie the winch off something bites off your leg.:crybaby:
.......1978HJ45

chainmail leggings might help...

That would just p*ss them off . Look at the bright side...if you ended up "one legged" you could always work at an I-HOP restaurant.:)
.......1978HJ45

Hello All,
I am an electrician, and can assure you that water is not that conductive, if at all: H2O is very stable. it is the other elements that provide electrical conductivity, such as salts, minerals, and so on.
So submerging an alternator or a battery in a river is not an issue, as most of those aren't salty; do, however, concern yourselves with salt-water crocodiles going up fresh water rivers in Australia after the floodways are filled. But not for electrical reasons.

Cheers, 61Mk+

what is this?
user7132_pic79549_1303928151.jpg

I think its the vacuum actuator of the locker.

Here's one of my KZJ78 going for a swim.
It is called the Glory Hole and is really a big pond on a farm property that was used for a winch competition.
I got thru and popped the nose out the other side but couldn't climb out... Needed a little pull.
Any one thats interested its in a little town in NZ called Horopito.

GloryHolesm.jpg

Hopefully this one works - I can't view Youtube videos at work, but this one has been going around for a while now. The guy driving has seriously big balls, but in order to accommodate them, they had to remove his brain and all consideration for himself and his kid..........

Not actually a video, more a series of photo's, but you get the picture....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1KnaTZofwM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

well, having the kid in there was reckless for sure
but
kinda cool that he made it.

good point about the bridge or road being washed out ...

I'm sorta the same - if I were still young & dumb and single, I would have had a crack at it, but wouldn't have considered the consequences (financial or life-threatening) properly either.

Now that I'm old and supposedly responsible, I look at this and go "Stupid/Lucky Bastard (go, go GO, GO!!)". I'm just not sure which one I mean!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom