Events/Trails December 2021 ROTM - Bulldog Canyon - Saturday 12/18/21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheGrrrrr

GOLD Star
Threads
Date: Saturday December 18th, 2021

Meet-up: 8:30am - 9:00am Location: Circle K, 2754 N Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85215

DUE TO THE SIZE OF THE GROUP WE WILL ASSEMBLE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CIRCLE K. ALBERTSONS LOT NEXT TO SHELL.

PLEASE BE SURE TO GET YOUR PERMIT

Permit Required: Tonto OHV Permit $6.00 good for 6 months available here: Tonto National Forest Off-Highway Vehicle Permit, Tonto National Forest - Recreation.gov - https://www.recreation.gov/vehiclepermits/3332401

Route Plan: Usery Entrance, FR3554 to FR10 to Wolverine Gate. If some folks want to extend the trip they can continue on 1356 to the Dutchman Gate. From what I understand, there is good camping off of 1356 and its less busy.

This will be a relaxed trip, with a focus on just enjoying the terrain and the company. No hurry, no fuss.

COMMS: HAM 146.460 or GMRS 17 (462.600)

Roster (No Limit):

1. @TheGrrrrr
  2. @ATLien
  3. @Hank Tank
  4. @Cactuscrzr
  5. @Highway Romping
  6. @samtoddlee
  7. @Mattman
  8. @Mick Bowers
  9. @msahr
  10. @E Cube
  11. @ftbshop
  12. @letsride
  13. @DSRTRDR
  14. @ChaseTruck

Last edited:
I’m game. Is this just a day ride? Looks stocker friendly.

I’ve never done it but plan to go out for a pre-run exploration in a couple weeks to get a feel for what’s out there. Definitely a day run. Maybe even half a day but not sure. I’m confident lots of folks can provide more color.

I’ve never done it but plan to go out for a pre-run exploration in a couple weeks to get a feel for what’s out there. Definitely a day run. Maybe even half a day but not sure. I’m confident lots of folks can provide more color.
Don't miss Poser Rock . . .
7d_31883-small-jpg.2151571

Don't miss Poser Rock . . .
7d_31883-small-jpg.2151571
I forgot that Kyle uploaded a video of me making a mess of the sand surrounding Poser Rock that trip :steer:

This video is especially funny watching full screen at 1080P resolution and .25 speed :rofl:

Last edited:
I might join in on this. This was stocker friendly when I did it back in 2017, could still be stocker friendly. When I did it, my buddy with a stock 2WD 4Runner made it through.

Date: Saturday December 18th, 2021

Time: 8:30am air-down, 9:00am start

Permit Required: Tonto OHV Permit $6.00 good for 6 months available here: Tonto National Forest Off-Highway Vehicle Permit, Tonto National Forest - Recreation.gov - https://www.recreation.gov/vehiclepermits/3332401

More details to come...

Roster (No Limit):

1. @TheGrrrrr
  2. @ATLien
  3. @Hank Tank
  4. @Cactuscrzr
  5. @Highway Romping

I should be in as well. Thanks for setting this up in advance

I’m curious how the lifted 5th Gen will do in the play area, just to be clear. I agree the trails are not a challenge, but a fun ride indeed.

I've always wanted to do this and it's in my back yard practically, gonna try to make it.

Any options for primitive camping on this route?

Any options for primitive camping on this route?

Don't know. Haven't run it before, but am planning to do a pre-run to map/time it out so I'll look for spots. I would guess there would be.

Just ran it Saturday night, starting from the Usery Pass Access Point, FR3554, changed to FR10, west to east, ending at the Wolverine Access Point. It was fairly easy, nothing really challenging. Took about 2 hours. The "big hill" (coordinates unknown, tablet decided it didn't want to play) would have been much more interesting going uphill. There are several areas of large rocks and holes, but multiple lines in most places. First time for us, so much fun at night. Only saw one UTV at the start of the trail, otherwise no one else at all.

Put me down as a yes. Wanna pre-run? Let me know I might be in on that, too.

Just ran it Saturday night, starting from the Usery Pass Access Point, FR3554, changed to FR10, west to east, ending at the Wolverine Access Point. It was fairly easy, nothing really challenging. Took about 2 hours. The "big hill" (coordinates unknown, tablet decided it didn't want to play) would have been much more interesting going uphill. There are several areas of large rocks and holes, but multiple lines in most places. First time for us, so much fun at night. Only saw one UTV at the start of the trail, otherwise no one else at all.

Great info. Thanks! I'm thinking of having us start at the Dutchman entrance and exit at Usery. Probably going to do some exploring out there this weekend to get it figured out.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 2.32.45 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom