Events/Trails December 2021 ROTM - Bulldog Canyon - Saturday 12/18/21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great info. Thanks! I'm thinking of having us start at the Dutchman entrance and exit at Usery. Probably going to do some exploring out there this weekend to get it figured out.

View attachment 2821156

Yeah 1356 is the road we didn't take, the leader of our small group had run all these trail multiple times, she said 1356 would add about an hour and a half to the run. So about 4 hours total not allowing for spectating and whatnot.

Yeah 1356 is the road we didn't take, the leader of our small group had run all these trail multiple times, she said 1356 would add about an hour and a half to the run. So about 4 hours total not allowing for spectating and whatnot.

I'm figuring on hitting the trail about 9:30 after the meet-up and and hour lunch stop would put us off the trail by 3:30 allowing lots of time for messing around. If folks wanted to just do half they could exit at Wolverine early. I'll have a better idea once I've pre-run and timed it out.

I forgot that Kyle uploaded a video of me making a mess of the sand surrounding Poser Rock that trip :steer:

This video is especially funny watching full screen at 1080P resolution and .25 speed :rofl:

too bad about that major dent on the driver side :mad:

Any options for primitive camping on this route?

yes, you can camp in the Bulldog Canyon area - pretty much wherever you like

the Usery side has very nice desert vegetation, but also sees a lot of use - there's a play area by the Wolverine exit that also sees a lot of ATV traffic

the main trail, FR10, had gotten rougher last year, but I haven't run it yet this year after all the Monsoon rains

considering the sun is low in the afternoons these times of the year, running the trail from west-east might give better lighting for pictures than driving into the sun in the afternoon

BTW, count me in for the run

the Usery side has very nice desert vegetation, but also sees a lot of use - there's a play area by the Wolverine exit that also sees a lot of ATV traffic

the main trail, FR10, had gotten rougher last year, but I haven't run it yet this year after all the Monsoon rains

considering the sun is low in the afternoons these times of the year, running the trail from west-east might give better lighting for pictures than driving into the sun in the afternoon
That’s a good idea. I love the photo ops.

Was out there yesterday. It is definitely stocker friendly, the hill is a non concern. People camped near most of the entrances and some looked oddly permanent, especially given the reg's. Two big rv's camped in the usery lot. Good amount of bikes, sxs's and heeps. Saw 2 leo's in power wagons.

What comms will we be using ie: CB , DMRS or HAM?
I'm new to this group. I'm know some groups have a ageeded upon "RACE" frequencies .
Just want to be ready on arrival.
Thx Mick

What comms will we be using ie: CB , DMRS or HAM?
I'm new to this group. I'm know some groups have a ageeded upon "RACE" frequencies .
Just want to be ready on arrival.
Thx Mick

Primarily HAM 146.460 (subject to change based on traffic) but I will also have GMRS on hand.

Date: Saturday December 18th, 2021

Meet-up: 8:30am - 9:00am Location: Circle K, 2754 N Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85215

Permit Required: Tonto OHV Permit $6.00 good for 6 months available here: Tonto National Forest Off-Highway Vehicle Permit, Tonto National Forest - Recreation.gov - https://www.recreation.gov/vehiclepermits/3332401

Route Plan: Usery Entrance, FR3554 to FR10 to Wolverine Gate. If some folks want to extend the trip they can continue on 1356 to the Dutchman Gate. From what I understand, there is good camping off of 1356 and its less busy.

This will be a relaxed trip, with a focus on just enjoying the terrain and the company. No hurry, no fuss.

COMMS: HAM 146.460 or GMRS 17 (462.600)

Roster (No Limit):

1. @TheGrrrrr
  2. @ATLien
  3. @Hank Tank
  4. @Cactuscrzr
  5. @Highway Romping
  6. @samtoddlee
  7. @Mattman
  8. @Abigail
  9. @Mick Bowers
  10. @msahr
  11. @E Cube
  12. @ftbshop
  13. @letsride
  14. ...
Count us in, too:

DSRTRDR and ChaseTruck

Not going to make it, have fun! I will try to make next time!

I’m going to the Fiesta Bowl Parade :rainbow:

this thing still on ?

except for food, we are all packed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom