Dead Cruiser at Cahaba (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

matt32

I make the smoked meats
Threads
So the big fat bitch left me stranded at Cahaba. I called my daughter to come pick me up to get home.

Anyway the LC is at Cahaba, it turns over but will not fire. My first thought is the fuel pump but a fella there mentioned the fuel filter might be clogged. So does anyone have any ideas as to where my current issue might be?

Will I still get the check engine light with that?

So the big fat bitch left me stranded at Cahaba. I called my daughter to come pick me up to get home. ...
So does anyone have any ideas as to where my current issue might be?

Edited thusly there might be more suggestions ... With hilarious consequence

Well I get a check engine light when I turn the ignition. I believe the fuel pump is doing it's thing but I'm not positive but after trying to start the LC I can undo the gas cap and there is a hiss as if it was releasing pressure. Also just to make sure the fuel pump relay is the EFI relay correct or is there another one that I am missing?

Hint for the edited part of the OP.
http://youtu.be/Y0Om6bnl8aU

So I'm going to get it towed back to bum @#$% and I guess start chasing gremilins.

Also I'd like to add that after reading through several pages of MUD regarding this apparent issue i am not looking forward to this adventure. I am going to start at the fusible links (don't know that they have ever been replaced) and the EFI relay (need a spare anyway). It is just weird to me that one moment no issue that I was aware of and then then the next no start.

Last edited:
Then it isn't dead but I probably need a spare anyway as an insurance policy.

I'm also going to add to the list a fuel filter because I've never replaced it and have no clue when or if it was ever done in the past.

I haz a sad

ForumRunner_20130308_171230.jpg

ForumRunner_20130308_171244.jpg

Noooooo!

True but now it's at the house and not it Cahaba's parking lot.

Is that Cheaha Mt. mud on those tires?

Didn't you get the memo. We H8mud on this forum.

Hope the fix turns to be a simple one.

No that's Fultondale backyard mud from pulling my mother's Kia out after she managed to get it stuck.

I have no doubt the fix will be easy. I haven't come across anything terribly difficult in my fixes. Time consuming yes but not difficult. Well as long as you eliminate user error.

Crap! I don't get on mud enough anymore. Just now seeing this.
As previously discussed, I think it's your fuel pump. Only because everything else seems to check out fine...

If the EFI relay is dead the CEL will not light up.

I already axed him that one and we troubleshot it the fateful night..
He was getting his CEL so I figured it was good... And I had him pull it just to make sure the CEL went away and it did.

Where are you at Cahaba? just curious

The brewery, not the river...

Removal of the fuel pump is a :banana:job for anyone wondering.

No I'm not positive that this is where my issue is but when I turn the ignition I don't hear it priming up nor do I feel it when I put my hand on the access hatch thing. I maybe wrong in my assumption but I figure the pump is 21 years old it is probably a good idea to replace it anyway.

Pics of progress

ForumRunner_20130310_141905.jpg

ForumRunner_20130310_141919.jpg

ForumRunner_20130310_141930.jpg

You know, that setup you got laying against your tire.... I had originally shortened that setup about a foot and dropped it into a fuel cell into Lorena and was running factory wiring for a short time....
Only problem I was having was when I got on a side hill... it starved and died so I went to vacuum suctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom