De-flaring - or maybe trying something new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 now has no remaining TJM fibreglass flare sections left on it and yesterday the last two pieces (from over the front wheels) got binned. They were broken anyway so pointless saving.

I have two sets of flexy-flares to eventually fit but for now I'm happy with running no flares at all. Will be interesting to see what is said at rego inspection next week about that. :cool:

Good luck on that. When I started loosing frairs on the trail I came up with an easy temporary or permanent way to fill the holes. Got these buttons at anauto body supply house and glued them in. Then I squirted at bit of paint over. Came out decent, I think.....

16711380486232019971078592414521.jpg

Yep, that will fail inspection (and rightly so).

Either need to go skinnier tyres that sit within the guards, or add some type of flares.

Re filling the holes in the guards, etc. that's interesting. the RHS guard is not original to the vehicle and has factory flare holes. As it didn't have flares ex-factory there are no flare mount holes around the rear wheel arches.

I run 285/75/r16 tyres.

Yep, that will fail inspection (and rightly so).

Either need to go skinnier tyres that sit within the guards, or add some type of flares.
Got bushranger flexy-flares just recently but time to fit them has been zero so far. I've got the smaller size version.

One of the first trails I went on, I damaged one of the flares. It seems like with the stock tire sizes they aren't really needed, or am I mistaken?

Seems like the flares are very easy to damage.

Just get lower offset profile wheels that keep the tires inboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom