Dash out to replace blumbs, Help please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flashlight and a dark garage and im pretty uncomfortable with not having all the blanks filled.

Still can't figure out why the ABS is illuminating and the center Dif lights isn't coming on with the switch or when I shift into low

There are unused spots for options not available in North America. If you you don't see something light up with the flashlight then it not used. The two blanks together on the right side are for the front/rear lockers and the icons will be there no matter if the vehicles have lockers or not.

As far as the CDL and ABS lights, both are driven off the CDL sensor switch on the front side of the transfer case. They are not electrically connected to the dash switch. There are numerous threads that detail the operation of the CDL. Some of those I have posted in so filter your search with my user name.

If there are LED bulbs that could be part of your issue.

Doesn't the ABS light come on when you lock the center diff? If you haven't moved the cruiser and it is still engaged I would thing ABS is still going to be disabled. But if you read my other posts you might see I don't always know what I am talking about.

Can you check that the what the center diff is doing under the vehicle?

Yes the ABS did come on when I locked the center diff before doing this and so did the center diff light.
NOW the ABS is always on with the transfer case in H and the center diff button OFF. When I move to LOW I don't get a diff light but I can hear the actuator underneath engaging and the ABS remains on

There are unused spots for options not available in North America. If you you don't see something light up with the flashlight then it not used. The two blanks together on the right side are for the front/rear lockers and the icons will be there no matter if the vehicles have lockers or not.

As far as the CDL and ABS lights, both are driven off the CDL sensor switch on the front side of the transfer case. They are not electrically connected to the dash switch. There are numerous threads that detail the operation of the CDL. Some of those I have posted in so filter your search with my user name.

If there are LED bulbs that could be part of your issue.

No LED'S I'll check out your threads soon. I'm about to start opening up the dash again.

This is the seat belt light which I don't actually need but if I missed this maybe I missed something else too.

20200525_112426.jpg

Bulbs good, connection seems good still no check engine light at start up...

And the ABS is still illuminated after starting

20200525_113638.jpg

20200525_113708.jpg

Also just checked the center dif lock switch and still no light on the dash.

Transfer case in "H" vehicle in drive I press the center diff lock switch (previously worked) and nothing on the dash.

Transmission in neutral I shift transfer case to "L" put trans back in drive and still no center diff lock light on dash. I pushed the switch and still nothing?

I'm lost

15904224436006268130608377273721.jpg

Gees, if you have ABS light & no CDL light, the LAST thing I would do is check the light bulbs !?!?!?

These are just indicator lights, the messenger. Not the root cause.

I'm guessing that if the ABS light is on, then either the center diff is locked or there is something wrong with the ABS.

Gees, if you have ABS light & no CDL light, the LAST thing I would do is check the light bulbs !?!?!?

These are just indicator lights, the messenger. Not the root cause.

I've removed all the bulbs and they look good, I didn't test with a meter but since it was working before I don't think it would go bad just by changing the bulbs.

This is driving me crazy

I'm guessing that if the ABS light is on, then either the center diff is locked or there is something wrong with the ABS.

I would like to agree but since I changed all the bulbs this happened and it doesn't make sence that changing a bulb while parked would all of the sudden mess up the ABS. I took it for a drive and it drives fine.

go to your local auto junk yard and pull as many dash lights out of Toyotas as you want, the dealers charge a fortune for one light.
The only bad one I can find is th ed seatbelt light and I could care less about that one. Lol

And the ABS also has a dash fuse.... maybe blown? I removed the fused intentionally

I honestly don't think it's the lightbulbs
And the ABS also has a dash fuse.... maybe blown? I removed the fused intentionally

I'll check the fuse but if its blown would that light the dash light? Is that also connected to the CDL light on the dash?

Checked all the fuses and they all look good.

I even removed this fuse marked ABS under the hood and started her up..... ABS still on??

1590424406890188166672231030729.jpg

I gave up!

It appears that the ABS light isn't causing any issues. The push button CDL not indicating will be a battle for another day or maybe a real mechanic.

Its beer thirty

Well its driving fine ith the ABS light still on and since I got pissed off and quit trying to figure it out I atleast did this and am pretty happy with the outcome and this actually works.

20200525_133853.jpg

20200525_155607.jpg

20200525_155613.jpg

IMG_20200525_165652_990.jpg

When you get around to chasing down “no CDL light”, these pinouts might be helpful.

If you have no signal to the dash bulb, it’s not the bulb.

Is the ABS working? Go out for a drive and stomp on the brakes and see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom