Dash and parking lights stay on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This issue suddenly popped up. Turned the truck off and heard a clicking noise, the dash lights came on and the parking markers on the front corners were on as well. Played with the key in the ignition and it blinked a bit and then shut off. Next time, however, I couldnt get them to shut off. Pulled the fuse marked "Tail" from the dash and it shut off.

Bad Ignition? Any help would be appreciated.

I hate posting threads like this because I know there are no unique problems, but searching turned up nothing specific to this issue.

I've had this happen as well. I was able to get the lights to go off by turning off my rear defogger.

I'm not positive but I think the issue may have been caused by a short in the wires that run from the body into the upper rear hatch. Additionally my rear wiper wasn't working and when I opened the rear hatch the interior lights wouldn't come on but the door buzzer would sound. I was able to fix all of these problems by dropping the headliner at the back driver side corner and moving the wires around where they go into the body. I really should wrap all of these wires in electrical tape but I didn't have time and what I did seems to have fixed the problem (for now).

Thanks for that. My rear wiper and defroster have not worked for a long time. That plus several other minor but pesky gremlins and this new issue make me think I need to go back to the first issue, the rear.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom