Daphne FJ62 R2.8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the PPF can you see a difference from the fender and door? Also, did you just do the rockers or did you do any lower part of the doors as well. I'm trying to decide what level do do my car once Jason's (Trail Tailor) done. Love the side decals. Do the ones on the front fender sit over or under the PPF?

Thanks. Love your rig.
Thanks.

There's no visible difference between the parts with film and without. The film comes up to the bottom of the decals on the doors/rear quarter, and is cut around the decals on the fenders . Had originally though to do the whole sides, but was advised by the shop not to put film over the decals. Might go back and have the uppers doors and rear done. It's collecting some door dings and rock chips

BTW. The shop that did the ceramic/film, Midnight Tint in Bellevue, has since been sold and is now Bespoke Tint and PPF. Can't speak to their quality of work, but I was pleased with the price and work of the previous owners.

Thanks.

There's no visible difference between the parts with film and without. The film comes up to the bottom of the decals on the doors/rear quarter, and is cut around the decals on the fenders . Had originally though to do the whole sides, but was advised by the shop not to put film over the decals. Might go back and have the uppers doors and rear done. It's collecting some door dings and rock chips

BTW. The shop that did the ceramic/film, Midnight Tint in Bellevue, has since been sold and is now Bespoke Tint and PPF. Can't speak to their quality of work, but I was pleased with the price and work of the previous owners.
That’s where I got my windows tinted on my current 60 when I lived up in Issaquah. They did good work. Have to find a place in TX.

Well I de-poseurfied it a bit with some TRD Pro wheels, 265/70/17 31.5" BFG Trail Terrain tires and put the rack back up in storage.

Losing the the steelies and C-rated 33" BFG KO2s shaved ~37lbs per corner in rotational/unsprung weight -- 25lb Pros vs 46lb steelies and tires are 38lb vs 54lb.

Accelerates/brakes/steers and rides much better. Hoping to get closer to 20-25 mpg avg around town with this set up but, even if not, it really scoots for a 32 year-old cruiser now.

View attachment 2940431
How are you liking those Trail Terrain tires on the road? Supposed to get some KO2s installed on the stock wheels this weekend but second guessing that and thinking about these TTs. I’m on the road 99.9% of the time. I only drive a few thousand miles a year but would love to improve on road performance any way possible.

How are you liking those Trail Terrain tires on the road? Supposed to get some KO2s installed on the stock wheels this weekend but second guessing that and thinking about these TTs. I’m on the road 99.9% of the time. I only drive a few thousand miles a year but would love to improve on road performance any way possible.
No regrets after replacing the KO2s. Really like the ride and improved acceleration & braking. Great on wet roads and actually better in snow/ice by a good bit.

No experience with them off road. I'm sure they're adequate, but you're never going to be able to safely air them down as much as a D/E (or even C) rated tire. So while they may be fine for forest service/fire roads, they'll be a harsh ride on the rough stretches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom