Daily funny pics (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was in to low rider cars, Austin Healys to be specific.

I did a little low rider as well. Z style.

FB_IMG_1513384303050.jpg

Well, I did do low, but like Stan, my low riders were British.

IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG

Little known fact: The engines in Triumph Spitfires, GT6's, TR6's and many other models actually contain wood. Gotta' love little British cars.

Last edited:
You mean cork gaskets or something like that?
I can't imagine where else a wood product would make any sense.

assisting a friend frame off a tr6 didn't notice any wood in his engine (231 buick v8)

The TR6 has a 2500cc inline 6. The TR8 had the Buick/Rover V8. Your buddy must have swapped in the V8. I think the V8 made like 5 hp more than the I-6. The TR7's and 8's were hated by all. Shameful excuses for cars.

The wood is actual wood, not cork. There are two hardwood wedges in the front crank area of the block that are hammered into place and then the excess is trimmed off prior to installing the oil pan. The wedges are called Vandervall wedges. Fun stuff!

Last edited:
Spitfidget. Late Spitfires used the same 1500 engine as the MG Midget. Cool looking little cars. The British Leyland cars, though much maligned, were actually pretty reliable if you kept up with maintenance. Mechanics here in the US just didn't understand how to keep them running well. When you told the local mechanic to check the oil level in the carburetors, he gave you a look like you were a complete idiot. Billy Bob didn't have the time or patience to synchronize carbs or fiddle with fuel pump points. Weber swaps and cheap electric cube pumps were swapped in. Cylinder wash downs killed a lot of them.

Last edited:
Killerboy1.jpg
My current low rider, a 1974 260Z. Picture taken on the Dragon by Killboy.

My mom had a navy blue 240z back in 1975. It was sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom