Dad's 85 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well got it started but noticed the crankshaft pulley is not lining up with the water pump and the dust shield was barely rubbing on the front cover housing.....

Does anyone have any extra crankshaft pulleys for a 22re that maybe is a little different?

1016067-2.jpg

1016066-2.jpg

The problem is the collar that mates the pump to the crank.

Last edited:
I had the 1.6 in there and the oil pump wouldn't bolt up so I switched to the 1.2 and now the crank pulley rubs the front of the oil pump housing... I think I got some s***ty parts...

Something is weird. The collar shouldn't really hang up on the pump gear. Make sure all the splines are free and the woodruff key and keyway are clean.

Well we are getting more parts and pieces together. Test drive went kind of poor to start, the truck had very little power off the bottom and was very sluggish so I Had to adjust TPS and Timing. Then pulled codes and found that the knock sensor is not there... So I will be locating one tomorrow. Then probably re adjust the timing after I plug the knock sensor in haha. Seat belts are in and the bed got put on. Looks like a truck again...:beer:

OoK6wd8.jpg

st6pnx7.jpg

0Rh7ndF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom