Dad's 85 Pickup (1 Viewer)

Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
781
Location
Central Point, OR
Hey Guys started a new project! Story starts out like this: A buddy of mine bought this truck a while ago and ran it around here and there as his daily. The motor was rebuilt when he got it, but it through a piston within 8 months or so. After that she sat for over a year. When he finally decided to get rid of it He was going to sell it to some kid for $1300 so I thought about it and talked it over with my pops. So Here it is as of today.
iC1ORoM.jpg



So I searched around on craigslist for a donor rig. Being that it was a 22r I thought it would be best to switch it to a 22re instead. We found a donor for a reasonable price outside of selma, so we took a little trip over there to find ourselves in a very creepy place. The property was fenced in and we were let in at a 20ft gate! Once inside the gate was shut and holy moly this place was interesting to say the least. So after about 20-30mins of awkward conversation and jerry riggin this truck to make it run, It finally started!!! DONE DEAL HERE TAKE MY MONEY BRO WERE OUT :p

Here's was she looked like....(Donor)
lwsnm4p.jpg


So we stripped the motor put it on a stand, Then proceeded to take out all the dash and wiring harness to go with it.

Wire PILE!
UQ4ZGL0.jpg


Interior after stripping out the harness (donor truck)
ZVG1R0H.jpg


So now its time to strip the truck down for a resto.
d0Ib00O.jpg


Interior has seen better days...
Touc2tZ.jpg


Seats are fairly nice just dirty
6zxOYNc.jpg


Under the hood before stripping her down
OU8foz8.jpg


mmmmm old school KC light hehehe YOINK them gone.
nD82lOZ.jpg


Stay tuned till next time kiddies!
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
781
Location
Central Point, OR
Well we did some more work on the truck. We started to strip down all the interior and decided that that bed lining the inside would be helpful as well as some work on the frame etc. So it began with some good old fashion destruction!!!

dB01liV.jpg


Then we pulled the seats and seatbelts.

N76sFrA.jpg


We got almost all the harness out now and we are at a stand still with the interior waiting for our spray kit to show up. So we moved to the backside and both started on each side with a wire wheel and knocked down the majority of the rust from the frame. Then it was time for a few coats of paint.

DS11B2m.jpg


6G5mojt.jpg


It's amazing how much better it looks with a little tlc.

Next mission: Pull rear wheels inspect brakes wire wheel axle and paint.....

Till next time. Stay classy.
 
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
781
Location
Central Point, OR
So we pulled the rear wheels and the rear brakes were close to new!!! SCORE! Slapped her back together and freshened up the axle with some paint.

Rust wasn't too bad was able to clean it up fairly quick.
juqXoGT.jpg


axle before
ztXO4UG.jpg


and painted..
ltupssD.jpg
 
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
781
Location
Central Point, OR
We also noticed a decent amount of movement at the pinion. I'm fairly confident it's pinion bearings instead of u joint. So I will pull the driveline as well and see.
 
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
781
Location
Central Point, OR
So I gave it some thought and decided that pulling the cab off was the absolute way to do things right with the rest of the frame and body work. so.............

dioLckj.jpg


Yoink

osq0q2j.jpg


TADAhhhh!

PZWarb3.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom