Dad's 85 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're past :cough: it's full on McFly!

Even Marty drove a extended cab. :flipoff2:

Morning fellas n ladies. Getting moving on here decided to clean up the frame and cab with a pressure washer to get some of these repairs done.

You can see how dirty and grimy everything is.

w5tOyMz.jpg

YmFhpzk.jpg

m0e4Krz.jpg

So inspecting previous welds kind of made me cringe, I found that the sliders were not attached properly and have no gussets...
Whoever put them on didn't even weld over half way around on some of the supports. :flush:

VBIuZ2G.jpg

YWetd73.jpg

So I added a gusset and re welded it up.

q0Hmuyk.jpg

I also found that the front bumper and winch plate were missing alot of welds so I went ahead and put a few extra on there.

sLi7Mj1.jpg

That's all I got to share for this episode. Stay tuned for more paint and repair!

Looking good!

Here comes an update!

Alright decided to do some cab work today and get the bed liner in...

Here's a few shots of what the interior was looking like.

qth5v6s.jpg

emyfQFF.jpg

lJLrDIg.jpg

So got some elbow work in with multiple wire brushes, compressed air, brake clean, rags, tape, plastic and I think you get the rest.....
Cleaned and scuffed it all up followed by some rustoleum primer...

kOcjqUk.jpg

JQfERBQ.jpg

So as I let that stuff dry I prepped this sweet kit I picked up on amazon. Came with the gun and I had to go down to harbor freight and get an air filter/regulator to set this stuff at approx 60 PSI.

E3b9DYb.jpg

So Now is the time to be judged and here is the end result.... I dig it.

ggES1Gh.jpg

p2sOy0J.jpg

NVVNXKE.jpg

Looks good! That's the paint my 80 exterior is done in.

Ohh! So far I like it it actually dries to a hardy substance. I am going to re do the inside of my truck with this product down the road for sure.

Pretty slick coating job! Definitely cleans it up! :clap:

Well the interior is coming back together

AUKefCV.jpg

Having some issues with the motor though. I bought a complete kit to rebuild the one we got but come to find out its a pre 84 22R motor which means the block is actually almost a 1/4 in shorter than the latter. So the plan now is to help dad buy new short block and transfer the 22re components over to it.... :bang:

Got head?
9gYmDkH.jpg

Hangittttt
EVlMQYi.jpg

qd5qhEr.jpg

Mating the tranny
OkG0Wqs.jpg

aaaaaand she's in....
TYR7kWu.jpg

Now its time to finalize all the gas lines and nit pick stuff then on with the body hopefully tomorrow :beer::beer::beer:

Sweet! That's a good goal... hopefully you don't have to mail order any parts because shipping anything ain't gonna be fast this time of year.

Any progress today? You betchya ass there was!

Got all the gas lines finished and fixed the exhaust. Then it was time to DROP THAT CAB!
IYAoi8r.jpg

But when we were lining things up we found that the 22re gas tank DOESNT FIT!.....
So we had to send it in to get some manufacturer clearance.... ;)

JWZpII6.jpg

So after pulling the cab a few more times and having to cut and re route the high pressure line we finally got it to sit :slap:

2eXAJlJ.jpg

And Blammo the cab was on

vcVbxnF.jpg

So now comes the fun process of cleaning up this mess...... :worms:

kVeNzRS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom