Dad's 85 Pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys started a new project! Story starts out like this: A buddy of mine bought this truck a while ago and ran it around here and there as his daily. The motor was rebuilt when he got it, but it through a piston within 8 months or so. After that she sat for over a year. When he finally decided to get rid of it He was going to sell it to some kid for $1300 so I thought about it and talked it over with my pops. So Here it is as of today.
iC1ORoM.jpg

So I searched around on craigslist for a donor rig. Being that it was a 22r I thought it would be best to switch it to a 22re instead. We found a donor for a reasonable price outside of selma, so we took a little trip over there to find ourselves in a very creepy place. The property was fenced in and we were let in at a 20ft gate! Once inside the gate was shut and holy moly this place was interesting to say the least. So after about 20-30mins of awkward conversation and jerry riggin this truck to make it run, It finally started!!! DONE DEAL HERE TAKE MY MONEY BRO WERE OUT :p

Here's was she looked like....(Donor)
lwsnm4p.jpg

So we stripped the motor put it on a stand, Then proceeded to take out all the dash and wiring harness to go with it.

Wire PILE!
UQ4ZGL0.jpg

Interior after stripping out the harness (donor truck)
ZVG1R0H.jpg

So now its time to strip the truck down for a resto.
d0Ib00O.jpg

Interior has seen better days...
Touc2tZ.jpg

Seats are fairly nice just dirty
6zxOYNc.jpg

Under the hood before stripping her down
OU8foz8.jpg

mmmmm old school KC light hehehe YOINK them gone.
nD82lOZ.jpg

Stay tuned till next time kiddies!

Last edited:
Nice man!

Well we did some more work on the truck. We started to strip down all the interior and decided that that bed lining the inside would be helpful as well as some work on the frame etc. So it began with some good old fashion destruction!!!

dB01liV.jpg

Then we pulled the seats and seatbelts.

N76sFrA.jpg

We got almost all the harness out now and we are at a stand still with the interior waiting for our spray kit to show up. So we moved to the backside and both started on each side with a wire wheel and knocked down the majority of the rust from the frame. Then it was time for a few coats of paint.

DS11B2m.jpg

6G5mojt.jpg

It's amazing how much better it looks with a little tlc.

Next mission: Pull rear wheels inspect brakes wire wheel axle and paint.....

Till next time. Stay classy.

So we pulled the rear wheels and the rear brakes were close to new!!! SCORE! Slapped her back together and freshened up the axle with some paint.

Rust wasn't too bad was able to clean it up fairly quick.
juqXoGT.jpg

axle before
ztXO4UG.jpg

and painted..
ltupssD.jpg

We also noticed a decent amount of movement at the pinion. I'm fairly confident it's pinion bearings instead of u joint. So I will pull the driveline as well and see.

So I gave it some thought and decided that pulling the cab off was the absolute way to do things right with the rest of the frame and body work. so.............

dioLckj.jpg

Yoink

osq0q2j.jpg

TADAhhhh!

PZWarb3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom