CV Axle Puller Tool for 100 Series LC/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please excuse my ignorance with these questions since I am just getting all my tools together to perform my first wheel bearing maintenance.
  1. Is the concept of greasing the spindle bearing with the new tool that the grease is pushed in the gap I marked in red? Yes that is the correct area where the grease is pushing in.
  2. Is there a benefit to being able to grease the spindle bearings without removal of the wheel or locking/adjusting nuts? The benefit is you don't mess up your preload so you don't have to sit there for an extra 20min per side with a fish scale trying to dial it back into spec. Don't those items have to be removed to grease the inner/outer wheel bearings or is it possible they get greased at the same time while installed with this method? Yes they normally do have to be removed to access the wheel bearings. However, not everyone follows Toyota's recommended service intervals especially with the spindle bearings so some people may find themselves with newish wheel bearings but neglected spindle bearings. I do not believe you can force grease into the wheel bearings effectively without completely removing them from the hub. They need to be packed using the palm of your hand.
Either way, seems like the tool is really useful and I will be interested in picking one up when they are ready.

View attachment 2498418
^^Expand for replies

Recently got a new job and that is the main reason I keep having to delay my other projects; as well as switching houses among other things.

Good news - they have cool toys. Better news - I'm thinking about a redesign.

14ga. galvanneal cut on an Amada Ensis 3015AJ fiber laser, broken on an Amada HD2204NT, possibly welded in just a couple spots along the seam but still trying to decide whether it's worth it. With the precision I can achieve it's basically an interference fit, and when the bolts are tightened down the pieces only come together even more. This surface takes paint very easily which will be nice once I get a few coats on it. Still messing with a few things but I most likely will be going this route in the near future.

Completed Tool.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
First new revision with black enamel coating on it. Really liking how this came out and the galvannealed steel takes paint very well.

C80C1E86-AE46-4464-BA58-5AB2BF753FB6.jpeg

Amada Ensis 3015AJ fiber laser

View attachment 2609857

Nice toy, big capital investment too. What's the max available power for this puppy? Is this the "baby" 3kW flavor or the full hog 12kW flavor?

If they are doing what I think they are doing to get to 1.08 micron output, it's very slick and is a real world application of my username!

Nice toy, big capital investment too. What's the max available power for this puppy? Is this the "baby" 3kW flavor or the full hog 12kW flavor?

If they are doing what I think they are doing to get to 1.08 micron output, it's very slick and is a real world application of my username!
Hah this is just the "baby" nominal 3kW (actual rating is 3.15kW) 10.4kVA laser, and you are correct it does have a 1.08 micron wavelength. We primarily cut and etch 22ga-12ga galvanneal, 304 & 316 stainless, and aluminum so we don't need anything too crazy. Even with the lowest power rating in Amada's lineup it can still cut max 1" mild steel or 0.5" aluminum & stainless which is more than enough for what we do. The cuts require no finish work which is great. It also modulates the beam as a function of material thickness and movement, so even if the piece begins to bow on the table due to the heat, the head of the laser will move accordingly to maintain a consistent cut. Pretty neat!

Laser.jpg

got any in stock ready to ship? axle puller that is
Yes I do! I have finalized the switch to my newer design and I do currently have several in stock

Got another 7 puller tools cut in the laser this morning and they will hopefully make it through the brake this afternoon and then paint tomorrow. Got some more hardware on the way as well so that should be here Saturday or Monday (I don’t have a lot of faith in that as I’ve had several other packages be delayed in shipment recently).

9EAE9870-EAB5-4384-BE1B-415E9BE2E195.jpeg

CD08CBD7-43E0-476A-9ECF-A42CAB70AA35.jpeg

I take one if available.

I nested 5 tools with a set of door skins to be cut on the laser....didn’t realize the customer ordered 4 doors so that layout would be run 4 times! Oh well, I got 20 more headed to the brake and paint tomorrow, and should be ready to ship out Monday.

15BE01DE-7886-4F67-9D36-5F6A53AF1A61.jpeg

Decided to cut and break a couple tools out of 14ga 304-4 stainless steel just to see how it would look and I really like how they came out. I will be offering this as an option from now on for an extra $5 ($30 + shipping; feeler gauge is an extra $5). Let me know which version you’d like when you purchase. It will not have any additional finish besides the natural grain of the #4 finished stainless as pictured. Approximate 1week lead time for the stainless version, galvanneal will remain in stock and ready to ship next day. If demand for stainless exceeds my expectations I will start keeping it in stock. Thanks again for all the support guys!

For Sale - 100 Series CV Axle Puller Tool

Epoxy-coated 14ga galvanneal steel:

19C27234-D063-4C51-92A7-CCB292B4A60E.png

3D14159B-9FB7-4BE2-AE02-3CA16E4BB15E.png

Raw 14ga 304-4 stainless steel:

8A0D7D52-00A0-420F-973D-7D2EAEA32C99.jpeg

119A1E8A-55C2-4515-8AF7-4023ADBAE7C5.png

Had quite a few orders come in over the past couple days so I made some time to get more puller tools cut and bent. 304-4 stainless is ready to go, galvanneal needs a couple days to be coated but will be ready Monday. Also, I’ve started making The Jack Rack wall-mounted jack stand organizer.

Thanks for the support everyone!

8B6D2982-2403-4A4E-856F-81CC8A6CB5A8.jpeg

FC0FFBB1-B5E4-477A-A2CF-BBC1B364C98B.jpeg

713E7BB9-26C0-433A-96B7-8E3D4B59C016.jpeg

Last edited:
Over the past 5 months I have come to the realization that the raw 304-4 stainless steel finish is more popular than the epoxy-coated finish. As you know I advertise these as 'tools' and not decorative show pieces, meaning they are made to be used and abused. I've never been pleased with the durability of the epoxy coating, and I really didn't like the enamel coating I started out using. They show scratches, chips, and dings way too easily for my liking, and in general look like crap once they're beat up. I don't want these to be a one-time-use tool for people, I want it to be something that hopefully everyone carries with them in their recovery/tool bag. My intention was also to keep these as cost effective as possible so I've never been interested in powder coat. With that being said, going forward I will only be offering the stainless steel finish for the axle puller tools.

To kick things off, from now until Sunday, November 28th at 11:59pm, I will be selling raw 304-4 stainless axle puller tools at the same price as the previously sold epoxy-coated ones - $25/ea.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!

11.jpg

10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom