Custom Roof Rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there!
I have been thinking about how to make my cruiser hold people and gear at the same time. I have a 68 with a sport bar and the long rear bench seats on each side. I was wondrering if anyone has ever built a custom roof rack that is detachable that would fit between the wind shield and the roll bar? I only want it detachable so that I can put the hard top back on for those chilly colorado winters.

If anyone has any blue prints or pictures please send my way.

Thanks,
Logan

anyone?

I am looking at building a custom rack for my 67. I want to be able to remove my hardtop, open the windshield and leave the rack on. It needs to be strong enough to carry gear and a moose if need be. I also want to build telescopic arms or have the rack slide so I can create a covered area quickly when hunting.

It looks like somebody had a rack of some sort mounted off the side of the cowl panel as I have 4 holes per side. I may use these holes or may build mounts off the frame and extend the arms down to the running boards for added strength. Probably the best option.

Watch my posts as I want to build this during the winter.

Cheers,

James

If you use the lower windshield hinge bolt holes, you will be tieing in to one of the strongest points on the A-pillar. If you go down to the running board/frame, the side to side vibration will be so excessive that you will end up having to build some sort of tie in to the windshield hinges anyways.

Hint: if you had a rollcage, you'd all ready have a front mounting point!

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom