Cummins 2.8 actually in an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there anyone from cummins on mud?

If it's anything like most diesels you would need higher gearing in the axles. The Repower website has a gear ratio calculator you should check out!

P.S. when are you headed out west to hit Moab?

Hey Nate! I'm taking off April 3rd and should arrive later in the day on April 5th. We're staying there till the 12th!

Looking at the Proffitts test vehicles its showing one is an HZJ79 as a beta vehicle and repowered with the cummins and the H55 manual tranny so apparently there is an adapter for that.

cummins.png

Last edited:
Columbus In. and Cummins is only an 1.5 hours down the road from me. How do i go about getting a 1st hand look at this?

Just like a good attorney will never ask a question in court that he doesn't know the answer, Cummins would not have made such a bold PR move as this without have some initial data that it would work well. This looks very promising.

Does anyone know if the bolt pattern is the same as the 4BT/6BT?
I don't know if it's the same, but according to their YouTube install video series it's built to boot up directly to a Getrag manual tranny. Axis Industries and some other aftermarket companies are making adaptors for popular tranny applications. As far as I know there are no direct adaptors yet for my 80 tranny, but I'm ready to swap the tranny anyway. (Cummins Repower - YouTube)

Here you go.

I know Cummins ran a test wrangler through testing at CARB, but their disclaimers still leave me a little spooked. I am very close to buying it. Im considering the 6L80E tranny like Proffit put in the Cummins 80 series test rig, but would use the stock trans if it would work well. I'd love to hear more about the details of the 80 rig you are building. is there a seperate thread you are posting about this build?

I know Cummins ran a test wrangler through testing at CARB, but their disclaimers still leave me a little spooked. I am very close to buying it. Im considering the 6L80E tranny like Proffit put in the Cummins 80 series test rig, but would use the stock trans if it would work well. I'd love to hear more about the details of the 80 rig you are building. is there a seperate thread you are posting about this build?

We are very close to firing this thing up and will be able to give a report on how it works with stock auto: Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland

looking forward to seeing the results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom