Parting Out CT - 1992 FJ80 Complete Part-out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1992 FJ80 w/the 3FE engine. Approximately 218,000 miles. Engine runs fine. It had been in a minor front end collision about 15 years ago which damaged the drivers side fender and apron. The radiator was replaced but the radiator support bracket was a bit bent....My intentions were to source parts to fix the truck and give it to my son. I ended up finding one in nicer shape needing very little work so I bought that instead. I drove the truck from Maine to CT with no issues other than a loss momentary loss of power after about 200 miles. The oil pressure was fine and so was the temperature so I think there was crud in the tank. I have subsequently drained the tank but I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. My parents had the center differential rebuilt for approximately $2,000 in 2018 and it's only driven about 1,500 miles since then. I started to rebuild the birfield joint on the passenger side and have removed the sway bars and other steering parts in preparation for replacing the bushings. So, you'd need to put the birfield back together. There is nothing wrong with any of it, I just don't want to do it if I'm going to sell the truck. I already bought a front bumper for it and have removed the lower tail gate and exhaust. The exhaust is new from the cats back. It will need new cats. I was going to desmog it and that's why the cats are already removed. There is no (ZERO) rust on the doors. The interior is decent but not perfect. There is no 3rd row seat. It has the center dif lock only. It's still on my lift so if you want the entire truck for $2,500 I'll let you put the birfield back together on the lift in my garage here in Wilton, CT....I even have the tools. If you want parts we can discuss that but I'd prefer to get it out of my garage to free up my lift and the space. It also has a brand new starter with less than 500 miles. It was installed just before I drove it from Maine to CT in October.

pix 4.jpg

pix 5.jpg

pix 6.jpg

pix 7.jpg

pix 8.jpg

Is the rest of the frame as clean looking as the front? I've been looking for a rolling chassis for a while but I could use all th 3FE stuff too. let me know on the chassis...I'm in central VT

I mean if the chassis is all clean I think I can just take the whole truck

It's not as clean as the front (an oil leak for years kept it like that) but it's not too bad. I just removed the receiver hitch and the frame looked good. It has surface rust but no rot is visible at all.

When you have a chance could you put some photos up of the rear frame/underside?

I'd be interested in the rearmost fender flares on either side if the bolt holes where the flares attach aren't broken. I'd also be interested in the steering wheel, if it's in good shape and the foam's not separated from the chassis. Assuming it's a grey interior?

I’ll take the battery box shipped to 98604. Thanks

The rear chassis is a little crustier than I want to commit to. I don’t need any of the 80 stuff so I’ll hold off for now. I appreciate speedy photos though. If you do end up parting it out instead of selling all together I’d be interested in the 3fe top end and efi stuff. For a 2fe build.

Yes, but there's an interested party looking to take the whole truck which I'm likely going to do. Sorry for the late reply....I will send you a note if the windows do become available. Thanks

Looking for:

17343-61040 Air hoses
17342-61060

Can you send me a pic of their condition?

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 2.46.19 PM.png

IMG_7469.jpg

Also looking for a RH parking light assembly. Mines cracked.

One other thing:

Transmission bell housing:

35118-60010-ujpg.image.750x250.jpg

IMG_4052.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 9.47.20 AM.png

Also looking for and EGR valve 25620-61120 or Distributor Cap Rubber Cover: (19114-61040)

Last edited:
Looking for a 91/92 part. Let me know if you end up parting it out.

Looks like someone is buying the complete truck. I'll let everyone know if that changes. Thanks

Parts still available, I need a speedometer cable and housing for my 91?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom