CSC Random picture thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

60BA04B7-4D32-40A2-9327-42B83368B8B3.jpeg

Sonoran Steel KDSS trac bar and lower links. 5th Gen things. :)

Elk rut is still going on in the high country. Not uncommon to have a bull roaming the neighborhood with cows and calves from the spring.
20211001_070506.jpg

20211001_070345.jpg
20211001_070302.jpg
20211001_070452.jpg

A week ago Sunday while watching football my wife said we have elk in front of the cabin. Herd of maybe ten. Some on our property and some across the street. Garage was blocking from being able to see them all at once. Hear a strange noise and all the elk on our property heading across the street. Went to the other side of the garage to see where there were headed. There was a coyote that I'm sure wanted to take down a calf. Even once the whole herd was there is was slow to leave. Once he did a large cow followed him to be sure he didn't come back. Have so many elk pictures on my phone didn't have it with me.

Curious where this is? Are those tall Aspens ones that died from the disease a few years back?

Pics are from the east side of the SF Peaks, along the Waterline Rd (no vehicular access outside of official vehicles). This was in the Schultz fire burn area, so basically newer growth aspen. The big old trees still have a week or so to go on the north side of the Peaks (ie; Lockett meadow, FR418) until they light up.

Not just elk who are in mating season. Followed this guy thru our dog yard. Went out and headed back in. Convinced him that isn't what he wanted to do.
20211001_082713.jpg
20211001_082741.jpg
20211001_082746.jpg

Pretty common to see them in the neighborhood this time of year. Now too concern what happened to Camp Verde in the 1977 movie Kingdom of the Spiders. But you never know.

great to see these areas recovering like this. what size bike is that?

Sadly it's the Ponderosa pine forest that doesn't come back. Mt Eden hasn't recovered from the fire in 1978. Other flatter areas pines forests are being replaced by other type of trees. Mt Eden just looks sad more than forty years later.

Think it was the second year after the Wallow fire my buddy drew an elk tag. We found them, seems like they liked hanging out in those post burn aspens.
Brutal, we could hear them, smell them, almost reach out and touch them, but other than the occasional brown flash, could never see them.

Think it was the second year after the Wallow fire my buddy drew an elk tag. We found them, seems like they liked hanging out in those post burn aspens.
Brutal, we could hear them, smell them, almost reach out and touch them, but other than the occasional brown flash, could never see them.

These are some of the better hid elk in the neighborhood.
IMG_20210607_101031280_HDR.jpg

These were probably 40' off our front deck. I have spotted some in the neighborhood bedded down that would drive by four or five times in a span of a couple hours. Remember going on hunting trips and flash is the most I would see. Remember one time in the forest with a very strong smell of elk. Few seconds later around twenty of them popping up and running off. Wasn't hunting but was cool to see.

That ride up from Taos along the Rio Grande gorge is epic, and Red river is gorgeous. Years ago, but we jumped on a forest service road to the upper lake, still snow on the ground in July. Cool memories. I have pictures somewhere in the '72 FJ40...
Me, the wife, and dog Merle on our way to Montana.

It is the random picture thread so …how about the dial on this Grand Seiko? Not my picture but got the watch a while back. Gotta love Japanese craftsmanship.

CE8D26A5-93E9-4448-A6EA-BEEFD6E9735B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom