CSC May Meeting Agenda 5.18.2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
CSC May Meeting Agenda 5.18.2018

Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members
  • Run of the month – Recent details and previous reports
  • Up coming ROTM Details
  • Discuss choices and determine next months item for the DOTM
  • New business

I'll have CSC business cards with me if anyone would like a handful for sticking on all those cruisers that show up in the "You've been spotted" thread. :hmm:

Copper State Cruisers Monthly Phoenix Meeting
Friday, May 18, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
Tempe, AZ

First Time Guests

None - This was quite a small meeting since most of CSC seems to have gone up to Flagstaff this weekend for the Overland Expo!

First Time Members

Jared @LittleRedWgon - Jared owns a red FJ60 that he's owned for about 13 years! It's in very nice condition, he is the second owner; about 208k miles. Found out about the club while he was driving by and saw the Copper State Cruisers Classic Cruze parked all on the side of the road, so he quickly pulled over to see what was going on (although he unfortunately wasn't in his 60 at the time!). @medtro gave him a business card and now here he is! He's done several things to it, new suspension, lift, he's about to buy 33s or 35s for it soon. New CSC member Jared (LittleRedWgon)

DJ @Zor - DJ owns a locked FZJ80 with 2500 miles on a rebuilt engine; new suspension, OMEs, it was sold to DJ by @Spamcheese very recently. He's got a 4x4 Labs bumper coming and ARB front bumper (pulling it off a '92 FJ80 he also owns). New CSC member DJ (Zor)

ROTM

April - @Chrismanjs led a group to ROTM April - Pyeatt Payson AZ 10 trucks ran this trail much faster than most previous trips, and we even had someone make it up the waterfall! There were 2 nights of camping and a lot of fun was had by all. @Dimples provided a lot of delicious food (his famous Gumbo) for the group, which was nice and spicy!

May - @D1EZEL organized and led MAY ROTM: Swansea, Alamo Lk & More: Sat, May 5th 2018. Ben @D_Web provided the trip report; the group met in Wickenburg on Saturday morning and some had breakfast together. The group ended up down by old mining ruins and an old town and saw a lot of cool sites. There was one night of camping. One member @ProBro had some truck trouble on the trail but fortunately the group was able to do some trail wrenching and get him back on the road to home! Overall there were 7 trucks that ran the trail.

June - @Abigail will be leading the June ROTM, details will be posted soon. She's pre-running DeSoto Mine on Sunday with @Chrismanjs to see if that would be a good option, but we will see. [Update since Sunday: probably this run will be June 16, probably still going to do DeSoto, thread will be posted soon]

July - @Dimples will be leading this ROTM, he's thinking something up near Clear Creek.

August - @LandCruiserPhil will be leading this ROTM, details TBD. He says it will be out of the state.

@D_Web or someone else from the Tucson group may organize a run down south sometime soon.

DOTM ideas

We are looking for ideas for cool gear ideas to raffle off in our Drawing of the Month.
Some suggestions were: a tool bag from Blue Ridge Overland Gear (~$125); high-tech first-aid kit; the neat heating pad/oven @Dimples has been playing around with Gear review Hot Logic 9x13 cooker

@Abigail wants to remind everyone that she has CSC business cards available, just show up to a meeting and ask for a stack!

As for the DOTM idea, I read up on the BROG tool bag. I'd definitely be in for that raffle. Or maybe I should just buy one already.

What about Atlas 46

Atlas 46 | products

FB3799A4-F018-46EF-B7DD-C996975578C2.png

@Saddletramp , you are going to cost me $$$! Alright,... how much and where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom