Cruisin' Offroad Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my cruisin' Offroad Sliders from Jason on Friday. They showed up well packaged. The sliders were relatively easy to mount on my 2001 LX470 (with AHC). The fit is pretty tight, and getting the bolts behind the AHC cylinder was a bit of an art, but in about 3 hours I had them mounted nicely.

The outriggers are pretty tough and reinforced with some high-quality welds. Each slider weighs about 65lbs, which is similar to most of the options out there. Many of you guys will know about Jason's work on 80 series (or earlier) trucks, but his website doesn't show his 100 series sliders yet. I thought I'd better let you folks know about this option for the 100 series. Among all of the great options for 100 series sliders, it's good to have one more!

I paid $725 Canadian Dollars for the sliders + ~$150 Canadian for shipping. That would make these about the best budget price for 100 series sliders... (~$580 US dollars + shipping). I'm not sure how much they would cost to get shipped to the US, but for you folks on the left-coast, it's a short road trip to Chilliwack, BC.

Attached are some photos:

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

Last edited:
I got mine from Cruisin' Offroad about a year ago and I agree, they are fantastic. I think that mine were the second set that he made for the 100 and the first for an LX. They needed some on-site modification to accommodate the AHC. Glad to hear yours fit without trouble. Jason does an impeccable job and I can't recommend him enough.

I just had an awesome experience with Cruisin Off Road building armor for my 74.

Another benefit of the design of his sliders (all of them are like this, not just the 100-series) is the mounting points and how the bottom part wraps around the bottom of the frame.

Believe it or not I have been caught up on the lip of the slider mounting bracker and u-bolt with my OPOR sliders on more than one occasion. They hang a good 1-1.5" down below the frame rail:

IMG_0288.jpg

I love the look and fit... I have yet to smash them on anything, but they look like they will be up to the challenge. The fit is very tight: Once I lifted them into place, they stuck in just with friction (of course I mounted the hardware on as well).

I got my cruisin' Offroad Sliders from Jason on Friday. They showed up well packaged. The sliders were relatively easy to mount on my 2001 LX470 (with AHC). The fit is pretty tight, and getting the bolts behind the AHC cylinder was a bit of an art, but in about 3 hours I had them mounted nicely.

The outriggers are pretty tough and reinforced with some high-quality welds. Each slider weighs about 65lbs, which is similar to most of the options out there. Many of you guys will know about Jason's work on 80 series (or earlier) trucks, but his website doesn't show his 100 series sliders yet. I thought I'd better let you folks know about this option for the 100 series. Among all of the great options for 100 series sliders, it's good to have one more!

I paid $725 Canadian Dollars for the sliders + ~$150 Canadian for shipping. That would make these about the best budget price for 100 series sliders... (~$580 US dollars + shipping). I'm not sure how much they would cost to get shipped to the US, but for you folks on the left-coast, it's a short road trip to Chilliwack, BC.

Attached are some photos:

Thanks for the post CanadianRockyCruiser - these look great and I can see how the frame-wrap design reduce hang up points. Really makes a lot of sense to me. I'll keep these in mind when I am (meaning my wife) ready for sliders.

Those look like ankle and leg breakers. Hope I'm wrong?

jemsec - Admittedly, I new to the all of this...but learning fast. What about this design (as opposed to other sliders) make it seem like it might cause some trouble? Honest question here, thanks.

jemsec - Admittedly, I new to the all of this...but learning fast. What about this design (as opposed to other sliders) make it seem like it might cause some trouble? Honest question here, thanks.

Back seat passengers stepping out, slipping on round, smooth tube, foot goes between the two tubes...

That slider is like the ARB Bumper of sliders... lots of versions of the same thing. MetalTech and others have a similar rear section that bumps out. But, it's not as pronounced.

Last edited:

If I had small children, they could probably get a foot stuck in there. I don't, so no big deal. My petite girlfriends feet are small, and don't run into issues.

If I ever buy a midget though, I'd start to get concerned! However, if I had a midget, I'd probably get him a ladder...maybe some clown shoes...strictly for slider-safety. I would recommend these sliders to anyone who doesn't own a midget.

You would have to try to get your foot stuck in there.

Back seat passengers stepping out, slipping on round, smooth tube, foot goes between the two tubes...

That slider is like the ARB Bumper of sliders... lots of versions of the same thing. MetalTech and others have a similar rear section that bumps out. But, it's not as pronounced.

Got it, thanks. I have seen the others you mention, and Slee has the step slider that seems to address this potential risk, but I am not sure worth the premium price.

If I had small children, they could probably get a foot stuck in there. I don't, so no big deal. My petite girlfriends feet are small, and don't run into issues.

If I ever buy a midget though, I'd start to get concerned! However, if I had a midget, I'd probably get him a ladder...maybe some clown shoes...strictly for slider-safety. I would recommend these sliders to anyone who doesn't own a midget.

Makes sense - thanks for the info and chuckle. I would consider a mesh/perforated plate welded on the bump out and the a single (1/4" or so) bar set inside the outer main tube to create more of a step and less room for small feet to slip in...all options for me to consider

Makes sense - thanks for the info and chuckle. I would consider a mesh/perforated plate welded on the bump out and the a single (1/4" or so) bar set inside the outer main tube to create more of a step and less room for small feet to slip in...all options for me to consider

I'd bet Jason at Cruisin' Offroad could integrate these into the built product if you ask nicely.

You don't even really have to ask nicely! I was kind of pushy about having plates put on my sliders and he happily obliged :)

964.JPG

1337.JPG

Take a look at the Metal Tech sliders and compare to those.

"Small Person" would be more appropriate.

I have been looking at what seems to be the same sliders from a few companies. I like the plates, fireball, and would ask for the same.

Question: If you were looking down at the sliders from above the car, do they come out enough to keep a vertical bar (or tree) from catching the round of your door? My reason for asking is that I once slid sideways and came to rest on a tree with my door. I want sliders that are out enough to catch that tree and allow you to simply scrape out of it on your sliders, not your expensive to fix door!

^good question. i think the majority of the manufactured 100-series sliders are at least flush or very close. still, neither helps when you're on sloped ground or if the tree isnt straight.

^good question. i think the majority of the manufactured 100-series sliders are at least flush or very close. still, neither helps when you're on sloped ground or if the tree isnt straight.
Good point, and when you are more likely to be sliding laterally when on a wet slope.

If I have some made, I might ask that they come out a touch further then usual. The catch-22 here is: Do you want protection on the sides at the cost of having something sticking out far enough to catch something you might have otherwise slipped past?

Any chance someone could take a pic from the top of their door looking straight down to see if they offer protection to a perfectly straight tree?

Not sure if this helps or not...
IMG_20150416_173128.jpg

Jason can set them up anyway you want. If you want sliders like wings he can do that as he makes them custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom