Cruisers spotted in the Upstate..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0B2F9AF8-EBB9-4CF8-8F04-7FF38FF307A5.jpeg
8008AE78-CA3E-4EC3-B95A-D64EE7F10EF7.jpeg
Does this count? Newest addition to the stable.

04B544C2-340A-44AB-8606-77312356CF7F.jpeg
6A3EAA5B-ABD7-46F9-977D-088D2BA9E1F1.jpeg
CC3B6BF0-4EEE-40B0-839D-B1356C6C13EC.jpeg
Beautiful 40th anniversary at Lowe’s today with Florida plates. Paint and undercarriage looked brand new.

This morning in Mauldin at Halls Barber shop. He wasn’t in shop as it was still there when I left, unless it was driven by one of the barbers but they normally park out back. Forgot to leave a card, d’oh!!
9D993C96-40DD-48D2-A41E-D7352C14139D.jpeg

This morning in Mauldin at Halls Barber shop. He wasn’t in shop as it was still there when I left, unless it was driven by one of the barbers but they normally park out back. Forgot to leave a card, d’oh!!
View attachment 1888595

I know who that is Jeff.

Spotted some similar models in Israel the last few weeks....

Israel 1.jpg
Israel 2.jpg
Israel 3.jpg
Israel 4.jpg
Israel 5.jpg

A few more: I did spot one LC police vehicle in Jerusalem (couldn't get a pic from the bus in time) but mostly these Mitsubishi's....wondering if they kept and converted a captured terrorists LC....
This first pic of the Montero was a improptu checkpoint that sprung up to head off potential rioting that was expected later that evening. I did ask permission to take the pic and one nodded.

Israel 6.jpg
Israel 7.jpg
Israel 8.jpg

Anyone able to identify these vehicles from the 1967 6 day war? Taken overlooking the valley of tears on the Golan Heights, crappy day so couldn't see into Syria as hoped.

Israel 10.JPG

A few more: I did spot one LC police vehicle in Jerusalem (couldn't get a pic from the bus in time) but mostly these Mitsubishi's....wondering if they kept and converted a captured terrorists LC....
This first pic of the Montero was a improptu checkpoint that sprung up to head off potential rioting that was expected later that evening. I did ask permission to take the pic and one nodded.

View attachment 1926619View attachment 1926620View attachment 1926621

Anyone able to identify these vehicles from the 1967 6 day war? Taken overlooking the valley of tears on the Golan Heights, crappy day so couldn't see into Syria as hoped.

View attachment 1926623
I don't think those tanks are from that time period. You are standing on what looks like a Merkava (Israeli), and behind you is a Soviet T-72. I need to look closer at some comparisons, because both would be later.

Edit: You are standing on a Centurian. The side port is recognizable.

Maybe a T62 for the other based on the gun (bigger than a T55, but too early and rich for a T72). I can't make out the other features that could help differentiate it and I am as rusty at AFVID as a pile of spent 7.62 cases in an Afghan stream bed.

Last edited:
I don't think those tanks are from that time period. You are standing on what looks like a Merkava (Israeli), and behind you is a Soviet T-72. I need to look closer at some comparisons, because both would be later.

Edit: You are standing on a Centurian. The side port is recognizable.
View attachment 1926651

Maybe a T62 for the other based on the gun (bigger than a T55, but too early and rich for a T72). I can't make out the other features that could help differentiate it and I am as rusty at AFVID as a pile of spent 7.62 cases in an Afghan stream bed.
View attachment 1926659

Winner Winner, chicken dinner! Israeli Centurion (bought from UK) and Syrian T-62. You are such a good Google-er! The Syrian T-62 had a few holes in it....apparently the Syrian tanks outnumbered the Israeli armor 10:1 but the kill ratio was 17:1 for Israel but they did lose quite a few crews. I know there is a documentary on it I need to find and rewatch.

Winner Winner, chicken dinner! Israeli Centurion (bought from UK) and Syrian T-62. You are such a good Google-er! The Syrian T-62 had a few holes in it....apparently the Syrian tanks outnumbered the Israeli armor 10:1 but the kill ratio was 17:1 for Israel but they did lose quite a few crews. I know there is a documentary on it I need to find and rewatch.
I used to have to do these fun things. Mute it so you don't have to hear the speak and spell narrator. Tank Crew Gunnery Skills Testing - AFVID - ppt video online download

Useless trivia, a MultiPurpose AntiTank round from an Abrams will penetrate the heaviest frontal armor of a T62. The book says it won't, but it is quicker to try if that is what is loaded and then load Sabot for a followup shot. Immediate secondary detonations confirm that no followup is required.

Last edited:
The immaculate FL 80 and it is super nice. Simpsonville-Fairview Rd.

20190312_184936.jpg

I think he works at either Lowe’s, Arizona Steakhouse, or Crackerbarrel on Grandview. It’s in the Lowe’s parking lot behind Crackerbarrel all day every day. I’ve left a club card and contact info, but no response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom