Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rockies: Silverton July 24-28 2024 --EARLY REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 24 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just throwing this on here:
View attachment 3573674
Thanks! That’s a great reference.

Thanks to @cruiserpatch we also give all attendees a laminated reference card sized to fit the clear plastic pocket on the sun visor at check in 👍

IMG_4422.jpeg

I got the CB for trail coms with my local club close to 20 years ago. It was fine for small groups close together. But then when I started going to larger gatherings, the HAM advantage became clear. But it's a big hurdle for folks new to the sport. I never went all in with a mobile base station. I just have a handheld. If ~$150 - $200 gets me something with great range and capability to communicate with anyone with a wide range of GMRS/FRS radios, I'll do it. I'll just whine about it a little bit. I was just looking at the 275 thinking it might be the sweet spot.
Yes sir. Most of the COTR Leaders use the 275, it’s a great radio 👍

Last edited:
I wanted to share that three of my closest friends and COTR Trail Leaders, Matt Huey (@DeuceDeuse13) , Shawn Pugmire(@Noble Oak) , and Aaron Thorne (@aaronrules) are active military or veteran. I'm honored to have these men as friends and proud to have them on the COTR team.

As a thank you to these men and all the other active military and veterans in the community I'm excited to announce that we will be offering a 10% discount and early registration at Cruisers on the Rockies, Cruisers on the Rocks 4, and all future COTR events to those that serve or have served.

Thank you so very much for your service!

Matt Huey
NOVA4371July 27, 20226240 x 4160exports-ut-co_patch.JPG

Shawn Pugmire
IMG_4919.JPG

Aaron Thorne
3U5A9190.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been fielding a lot of questions lately about our registration process so I thought I would go ahead and make a post with some info.

Cruisers on the Rockies and COTR4 both have a cap of 100 trucks. I feel like this is large enough to get most people in but small enough to still give the event the intimate feel that people love. The way we structure the event and activities it gives everyone a chance to meet.

When I started planning the very first COTR I knew that I wanted to promote community and build a family. So from the very first it was decided to always give previous COTR attendees the opportunity of early registration before public registration starts BUT I also decided to guarantee AT LEAST 25 new spots for each event. Sometimes that might put us little over our 100 truck cap but thats ok, we make it work. I feel like if we have to have 110 or 115 at an event its worth it to give the new guys a shot.

In our newlestter and at the event you'll hear me talk about the "COTR Family" quite a bit. Cause that what it is, a family. This is such a great and unique community. I'm so proud to be a part of it. I can't wait to see you guys soon!
IMG_5026.JPG

February COTR newsletter will be emailed out tomorrow! If you haven’t subscribed yet head over to cruisersontherocks.com and get it done!!!

3U5A9881.jpeg

(UPDATE) - FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER:

Hey guys! February was super busy with all things COTR! There's a lot going on in the COTR world and this email will give you an update as to what's happening. So let's get into it!

Cruisers on the Rockies July 24-28 Silverton, Colorado
  • Registration for Cruisers on the Rockies (Crockies) will take place in April. We have not set a date yet, but we’re working towards the first or second week of the month.
  • Previous COTR attendees, along with active military and veterans, will have an opportunity to register early before registration goes public.
  • Registration will be capped at 100 trucks.
  • Event registration will include:
    • 4 nights of primitive camping at event HQ (Ground tents, Travel trailers, RTTs are all ok)
    • Hot breakfast Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
    • Meals at the Wednesday Night Welcome Party Cookout, Friday Night Potluck Dinner, and Saturday Night BBQ Dinner
    • All the soft drinks and beer you can drink at meals and group activities
    • Daily guided trail rides
    • All group activities at HQ
    • Driver Swag Bag (Event T-Shirt, Event Sticker, Event Patch and more!)
    • 1 General Raffle ticket and 1 Targeted Raffle ticket
    • 1 additional General Raffle ticket and 1 additional Targeted Raffle ticket may be purchased by each driver. 100% of the raffle proceeds will go towards the COTR Trail Cleanup Day planned for Spring 2025 (Date and Location TBD)
  • Guest Tickets will be available for guests attending, camping, or riding with a registered driver. A Guest Ticket will include 4 nights of primitive camping in the event area with the driver, access to Welcome Party Cookout, Potluck Night, and the BBQ Dinner Saturday night. Children 5 and under do not need a Guest Ticket.
A tentative Cruisers on the Rockies Schedule is now up on Cruisersontherocks.com. We are adding things along and along as we get closer to the event. Since originally being posted, I've added "COTR Swap Meet" to Thursday evening. Thursday night is the only night dinner will not be provided at the event. We wanted to take Thursday night to encourage everyone to go out and spend a little money in Silverton, either trying one of the awesome restaurants or picking up groceries from town and cooking at camp. We are still going to put together something fun that night after the Swap Meet so everyone can hangout after eating. We are also working on something cool after the Potluck Friday night.

Guided Trail runs will leave out every morning from Silverton at different times. We will be offering about 12 different runs and they will vary in degrees of difficulty. From trails that you will be able to take a stock Cruiser on to trails that you'll want to be armored and locked on, we will have plenty of options for every build and skill level. Regardless of difficulty, all the trails will have one thing in common: the views and scenery will be epic!

I've been thinking about Cruisers on the Rockies for the past 3 years and I can promise you it's gonna be special. I can't wait to see you guys there!

P.S. - We are also looking at offering a sunset into night run on the Poughkeepsie Wall!

Cruisers on the Rocks 4 October 24-27 Windrock Park, Tennessee

Lots of new things in the works for this year! With new trails, new activities, and new ideas, we are working to make the 4th year of COTR the best ever! We are also listening to feedback, adjusting and fine-tuning things like guided trail departure times, breakfast and dinner improvements, and adding more PortaToilets to the event area. As much fun as it's been the last 3 years, I know we can make some improvements and that's my goal.

We are also looking at some ways to honor and recognize past COTR attendees and attendees that have been to both COTR and Crockies.

Registration for COTR4 will open in early July. There's still a long way to go before the event, but it's hard not to get excited!

Cleanup on the Rocks March 16 Warwoman Dell, Clayton, Georgia

COTR’s first trail cleanup event "Cleanup on the Rocks" is this Saturday at Warwoman Dell outside of Clayton, GA. If you haven't got your FREE Ticket yet they are Available Here at Cruiserontherocks.com along with the Cleanup on the Rocks Schedule. We will be cooking BBQ Pulled Pork and Ribs on site along with sides and all the beer or soft drinks you can handle. All you have to do is get a FREE ticket and show up (and hopefully pick up a bag of trash). It's gonna be some great COTR fun!

Without a doubt It's the biggest year for COTR yet. The entire team is incredibly excited for what 2024 has in store! Thanks so much for coming along for the ride. See you soon!

Lee
4FE6D783-87B1-45CF-9181-46BEE62192DB.jpg

I'm happy tp report that last weekend's first ever "Cleanup on the Rocks" trail cleanup day was huge success!
Big thanks to everyone that came out and hepled with the cleanup! Everyone had a great time and North Georgia is looking a lot better now!
Also thanks to everyone that purchased an extra raffle ticket at COTR3, those proceeds made this free event possible!!!
All sales from this years raffle at COTR4 and Cruisers on the Rockies will go to the Cleanup on the Rocks II in 2025. Date, time, and location are TBD but I'm leaning hard towards the Ozarks!
Here's a few photos from the event:
4L3A0262.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpg

W89A3928.JPG

W89A4015.JPG

A few more with some of the drawing winners:
W89A4016.jpeg

Trail-16.jpeg

Trail-19.jpeg

Trail-21.jpeg

Trail-23.jpeg

I've had some questions about how we do our driver raffle at the event so I figured I would post some info. We do things a little differently than most events. Raffle prizes are separated into two cattogories: General and Targeted. General items are usually smaller (but not always) non platform specific items, while targeted items are larger and might be platform specific to either the 200 or 100 series. All registered drivers are given 1 general and 1 targeted raffle ticket at event check in. Drivers also have the opportunity to purchase one extra general or targeted ticket. This gives a driver the chance to have a total of 2 general tickets and 2 targeted tickets. All proceeds from ticket sales go towards the Cleanup on the Rocks trail cleanup day the next spring.
All the targeted items are set up on display before the BBQ dinner with a drop box in front of each item or certificate. Drivers can browse during dinner and before the raffle then drop their targeted tickets on any targeted item or items they choose. There is also a large drop box for general raffle items and all general tickets are pulled from this.
During the raffle we alternate pulling general tickets and targeted tickets. The drop boxes for the targeted items are also transparent so there's definitely an element of strategy involved:cool:
We thinks it's a great setup and it insures drivers get an item they want or need. Last October at COTR3 we had around 30 targeted items and 30 general items. It was a great balance and everyone left happy!
I'm so thankful to all the sponsors and vendors that donated prizes. Those guys make the raffle super exciting!
Here's a link to a short blog explaining our raffle: COTR Driver Raffle
cotr-127.jpg

Interested!

UPDATE: Cruisers on the Rockies registration will open April 27
I've added some new event info on the website and also added registration/ticket prices. Make sure you check it out at cruisersontherocks.com
This coming weekend and next week I'll be adding some activities to the event schedule along with more event information. I'll update this thread when I do!
See you soon!!!
3U5A0100.JPG

The Cruisers on the Rocks logo was officially unveiled today! I think it stays true to the original COTR design while still having a uniques twist all its own. We've got some fun plans using different variations of the logos to recognize guys that have been to multiple COTR events and both eastern and western events. It's gonna be an awesome year for both COTR and Cruisers on the Rockies!!!

customcolor_logo_customcolor_background.png

customcolor_logo_customcolor_background.png

customcolor_icon_customcolor_background.png

customcolor_icon_customcolor_background.png

black_icon_white_background.png

I'm working on adding a Whisky Tasting to the Cruisers on the Rockies Schedule for maybe Thursday night! I'll update when it's official. :beer:

F108516A-9F9D-4A6E-A8BC-30306EBBD3D3.jpg

Great idea. Unofficially we could all bring a random atypical bottle to share!
Yup. Kinda what I had in mind. Local and regional stuff from different places would be awesome 👍

👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom