This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Real Landcruiser should be able to take you to super long road trips or overland trips and back, at 150k miles. Alaska winter, Death Valley summer, trip to Baja or central America where OEM parts and quality gas may not be as readily available. I'm not sure if LC250 can do that (even with a new hybrid battery replaced at 150k miles). 😂

Saw the 250 at Cruiserfest. It's pretty awesome but definitely more 4Runner than LC. Scrawny tie rods and low IFS. Cast aluminum knuckles and tie rod ends which are guaranteed to fail it's just a matter of how long it takes. Bang em into a rock and they will crack, maybe the same day, maybe in 5 years from then.

IMG_20230909_082856.jpg

IMG_20230909_081905.jpg

Saw the 250 at Cruiserfest. It's pretty awesome but definitely more 4Runner than LC. Scrawny tie rods and low IFS. Cast aluminum knuckles and tie rod ends which are guaranteed to fail it's just a matter of how long it takes. Bang em into a rock and they will crack, maybe the same day, maybe in 5 years from then.

View attachment 3424388

View attachment 3424401
First time I’ve seen the IFS of the 250, the strut assembly looks 99% identical like the FJ/4R. Only difference is the lower mount of the strut is mounted in front of the LCA whereas the predecessor was mounted on top of the LCA. Preload reasons maybe and/or lower center of mass geometry.

Gas prices are a product of inflation alone. U.S. and foreign (yeah, we still import crude) producers dial up/down production, the U.S. taps into reserves, etc. etc... there are lots of factors at play to keep fuel prices "stable."
Well, this is exactly not the case. Oil is controlled by what is considered a legal cartel. This cartel is able to control prices through production first and foremost. This is often based off of consumption and politics with politics as the main driver. I’m sure youve heard of OPEC. When the US has low inflation otherwise and can consume oil (goods), the oil producing countries have the ability to produce and export more oil and could even lower prices… BUT due to politics, the production is usually reduced to increase oil profits when people are in a spending mood otherwise. This then drives up energy costs of transporting or creating goods, thereby increasing inflation. This is exactly the opposite of what you are alleging. Point being, you can’t say “inflation alone”… our reserve typically is 180 days and this only helps people mental states and stops panic buying, and overstorage by the consumers. The s***ty corrupt brokers that trade futures are part of the real scum effecting pricing for the country, stealing money from tomorrow to blow today.

To stay on target, I would not trade my rust free 06 for this new LC. The price is something I can afford, the upgraded models are not inline with the history of the vehicle imo, and honestly it just looks cheap. I predict that there will be a topless model as this is a failure otherwise.

6th gen 4Runner should be topless, a la 1st gen. Toe to toe with Bronco and Wrangler.

Plus they'll need some way to offset the baby engine it'll get with some cool factor.

View attachment 3424388

View attachment 3424401

I’m absolutely shocked 🙄

6th gen 4Runner should be topless, a la 1st gen. Toe to toe with Bronco and Wrangler.

Plus they'll need some way to offset the baby engine it'll get with some cool factor.
^THIS^ I canNOT understand why car manufacturers (Toyota!) have let the Wrangler just have its own segment unchecked for decades. Ford’s proven there’s room for more.

I was curious so I went to the Toyota Australia website... Base LC 300 series GX starts at $66k (in US dollars).

If given a choice between the two, 250 "LC" vs 300 LC GX for $11k more where would your money go?
But the base model doesn't come with lockers. And to get the lockers and steer assist along with all of the other offroad goodies you have to get the top of the line model. Nearing 100k.

Toyota is smart...given 99% of buyers of the 250 wont ever bang suspension on a rock and crack anything......the LC250 is likely overbuilt and as Landcruiser-ish as any old one. The 1%ers who will be banging it and cracking parts.......will probably be swapping on beefier Tundra or 200 suspension bits which may all cross-pollenate anyways. If not Toyota also knows the supposed weak bits will be off an sitting in cruiserhead parts bins collecting dust as the aftermarket will fill the "beefing it up" as needed. I would much rather have a $55k base starting point- and $$$ room to spend on whats needed lift/strength wise than another new in box $95k rig whos suspension is going in the parts bin for aftermarket lift and goodies.

Also recall- a 4 banger should weigh 500lbs vs a 80-200 motor and be quite a bit less stress on suspension/drivetrain parts. And the LC250"should" have a much better front to rear weight bias vs the very front heavy 80-200s which need much heavier duty stuff to be the same strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom