Cruiser or Bruiser? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, any thoughts on what I could ask should I decide to part ways with the Bruiser?

Dreaming of an AEV Ram Prospector XL...
I just love researching vehicles, so while a Prospector XL is cool, it’s still a Ram 2500. And with 5 friends with them (everyone in my line of work buys massive trucks they don’t need) 4 have electrical gremlins.

Instead, SAS your 200 and run 40s on that and become a Land Crusher. That’s what I’m doing if my KDSS fails.

Or you can build your own on a reliable HD 1/2 ton platform. My old Tundra circa 2009/2010.
IMG_1816.JPG

AEV Prospector.
IMG_1817.JPG

Money shot... loved that exhaust!

IMG_1818.JPG

Truth is, I'd rather keep the LC, but I just bought a new travel trailer which comes in under the tow max of 8200 lbs., but the tongue weight has me worried. It's 695 lbs. dry and the LC tongue max is 850.

ORV | Creekside 21DBS

I know that a weight distributing hitch will take some of the tongue weight and move it to the front axle, but then I'm concerned about the GVWR, which is 7385.

7385 - 5730 (curb weight of LC) - 600 (weight of me and my family, currently - the 3 kids are still growing) - 200 (full tank) = 855 lbs.

That has to include tongue weight, crap in the LC, and the weight of the spare (285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler).

I was planning on re-gearing to 4.88 and figuring out bigger brakes, and I guess the upgraded HD suspension will help, but it sort of feels like putting a band aid on a cut that needs stitches.

If I do go truck, I'd rather a diesel, and the Tundra's fuel economy is just as bad as the LC. I have to stop to refuel every 150 miles when towing.

Last edited:
Just got done going through your thread. Really enjoyed the start of the thread to here and your decisions with going for the LC and the stuff you have done to it. Awesome rig! Really nice stuff! Appreciate you taking your time to answer all the questions.

I am still waiting for my future LC hopefully within a year.

Thanks. This is a great site and you’ll learn a lot, if you don’t mind some occasional ball busting.

I’m having a really difficult time dealing with my decision on the LC. I love every aspect of it, from the off road capability, to it’s uniqueness/rarity, and everything in between. The idea of selling it hurts, and I probably won’t, but I worry about the liability of towing that new trailer. Mind you, I have no worries that it can handle the load, I just worry about being a bit over payload and getting blamed for an accident.

Hope you get yours sooner than later!

990EE0F2-A2D0-4C02-8E85-1EAF6F740B1E.jpeg
46D107F8-E96B-4515-BD51-6513E3046390.jpeg
Here are some pics with the Ridge Grapplers

How much do you guys think the Bruiser is worth? 81,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom