Cruise Moab 2022 planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in leaving from Jackson WY 4am Wednesday i would love to hook up with someone i can also leave Tuesday, my daughter cant make it so I'm taking her 80 ;0)

Wed = Hell's revenge (night Run)
Thur = Poison Spider Mesa
Fri. = Moab Rim
Sat = Top of the world (full Loop)

Ok, so how much should I be concerned about underbody armor for CM?
Poison Spider looks a little daunting.
Do I need a full belly skid?
I have stock skid (pretty useless), LCA skid, and Rear Dif Skid currently. Looking at shock guards too.

I never scraped the belly. :meh: The sliders and tow hitch got some action though. And I lost my fancy LX exhaust tip up there. So keep an eye out for it.

I never scraped the belly. :meh: The sliders and tow hitch got some action though. And I lost my fancy LX exhaust tip up there. So keep an eye out for it.
I was also thinking about a tow hitch skid. Never seen those before, but seems appropriate.

I was also thinking about a tow hitch skid. Never seen those before, but seems appropriate.
Hey Mark,
I've got one of these if you want it, never used. I can bring it to tonights meeting. Let me know....

Hey Mark,
I've got one of these if you want it, never used. I can bring it to tonights meeting. Let me know....
Hell yes! That's the one I was looking at. But I'm not going to make tonight's meeting. Will you hang on to it for me? How much do you want for it?

Hell yes! That's the one I was looking at. But I'm not going to make tonight's meeting. Will you hang on to it for me? How much do you want for it?
I'll send you details by PM

So I am in a pickle.

I am all lined up for the Kokopelli trail on Monday-Wednesday before CM22 kicks off. However, I am trail leader for Poison Spider Mesa on Saturday... a trail I haven't run yet.

I am trying to decide if I scrap the Kokopelli trail and just show up in Moab Mon or Tuesday and pre-run it and dink around on some of the fun trails before things kick off. I'd prefer to wheel with friends in a small group any way. Anyone else want to show up a few days early and run some trails? I'm looking at some scenic mild trails just to enjoy the desert. I am not looking to run any epic hard trails before the event start other than Poison Spider Mesa... rated Difficult. I am signed up to lead Elephant Hill, Hells Revenge and lead Poison Spider Mesa. I know a few of us talked about Fins n things on Sunday too.

I was thinking of a few easier trails in the beginning of the week, like: Chicken Corners, Fins, any other easy/fun/scenic trails. Anyone interested in meeting up early in the week? Being in Moab on Monday or Tuesday to play?

As it is, I might run the Kokopelli and bail early and pre-run Poison Spider on Wednesday but I think we might need a break after 3 long days on the trail. The other option is skip Hells revenge and pre-run it Friday. Just talking out loud here.

So I am in a pickle.

I am all lined up for the Kokopelli trail on Monday-Wednesday before CM22 kicks off. However, I am trail leader for Poison Spider Mesa on Saturday... a trail I haven't run yet.

I am trying to decide if I scrap the Kokopelli trail and just show up in Moab Mon or Tuesday and pre-run it and dink around on some of the fun trails before things kick off. I'd prefer to wheel with friends in a small group any way. Anyone else want to show up a few days early and run some trails? I'm looking at some scenic mild trails just to enjoy the desert. I am not looking to run any epic hard trails before the event start other than Poison Spider Mesa... rated Difficult. I am signed up to lead Elephant Hill, Hells Revenge and lead Poison Spider Mesa. I know a few of us talked about Fins n things on Sunday too.

I was thinking of a few easier trails in the beginning of the week, like: Chicken Corners, Fins, any other easy/fun/scenic trails. Anyone interested in meeting up early in the week? Being in Moab on Monday or Tuesday to play?

As it is, I might run the Kokopelli and bail early and pre-run Poison Spider on Wednesday but I think we might need a break after 3 long days on the trail. The other option is skip Hells revenge and pre-run it Friday. Just talking out loud here.
I’m running Lockhart on Tuesday-Wednesday but would be down for some of the lighter trails beforehand. I got to Moab last week and have gotten in some good riding and did Fins (again) and Dome Plateau this week. Looking forward to rolling with some of the 406 crew!

Thanks guys, I’m trying to run Poison spider on Wednesday before everything kicks off. If you’d want to jump in you’re welcome to join. It’s a tough trail with some bypasses on a lot of the tougher obstacles but not all. It’s not a truck killer but it is technical in sections. I watched a 4Runner on 33’s finish it in 4high.

so im thinkng of bombing down to moab on saturday? when is everyone else headed down. no plans until the koko trail starting on tuesday. not sure about where ill spend the night before the events start but theres always room at the place with the sprinter vans!

Pics of @ttFJC flexing on TOW waterfall at Moab.

Aaron Flex Waterfall.jpg

Aaron up Waterfall TOW.jpg

Aaron Waterfall.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom