Cross-Country Family Trip (input requested!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not a National Park, but another place that you'll be near is Monument Valley - it's not too far from Moab and well worth seeing if time allows. Lots of the old cowboy movies were filmed with Monument Valley in the background, claiming to be "somewhere in Texas".

I've done a 7,200 mile trip before by myself and several trips with my family over several states, along with countless trips here and there. I think I've driven in about 35 states. At times I tend to give more info than needed, but you never know when being prepared can really come in handy.
  • Use a credit card and NOT a debit card during your travels. The reason is if someone hacks into your debit/bank account, all of your cash can be at risk. Even though the bank will refund it, it could take 2-3 days. And if this happens on a Friday night, you're in a pickle until the next week. We just came from Lake City two weeks ago. The credit card we used was hacked. Good thing it wasn't our debit card.
  • With that being said, always take a debit card and 1-2 back up credit cards. You never know when something big unexpected and you'll need fast access to credit.
  • EDIT: @greynolds had a great point about using a card for points. If you don't have a Costco Visa with cash-back, you might wanna consider it for this trip.
  • Take cash. The last time we drove through Kansas City to head home to Denver on I-70, there was a toll booth that was cash only that was shorter than the other lines. FYI - if you change your plan and go through/around Oklahoma City, some of those toll booths ONLY except cash if you do not have a transponder. (I finally got a toll thingy for KS, OK, and TX).
  • Always have your snack bag and cooler in the 2nd row. After making the mistake of packing the snack cooler before a long trip in the cargo hold, having to stop to find it and put it near the front, then repack, well, just saying....
  • Pack winter gear. Snow is known to arrive in WY by first week of Sep.
  • Even in the summer when we go to the mountains here in CO, we have light to medium cold gear stored in the second row. We've been at 13k feet on 4x4 roads in summer (like two weeks ago in Lake City) and thanks to winter gear, we were warm as we walked around to take photos. Don't pack it in the cargo hold especially if it's windy.... brrr.
  • Don't forget to pack tools. I suggest taking an extra serpentine belt, a printed diagram of how it goes on, and the tools to install it. I carry my old serpentine belt on our trips.
  • I've driven in KS, IA, NE, WY, MT, WA, OR, ID, UT, CO, NM, TX, OK (and a bunch more) and can tell you.... when you are in the middle of nowhere with nothing around, not even a tree, there's gonna be a LEO with a laser.
  • WY, NE, KS can be incredibly windy. Driving in sustained winds of 20mph or more becomes exhausting.
  • I recommend installing high-quality dash cams before you leave. CO has experienced an increase of aggressive drivers. Which goes to my next point...
  • Driving on US 285, I-70/25, and US 160 has become dangerous, along with other main roads here. We were almost knocked into the oncoming traffic by a pickup and camper who illegally passed us on the right. The CO State Patrol knocked on the guy's door due to the video we sent to the them.
  • IMHO, there's not much to see at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison or the Sand Dunes. I've not been to the Grand Canyon but I think that would be a much better option. The Sand Dunes park is a bunch of big sand dunes next to the mountain range. The general area around Alamosa is depressing and the landscape (except for the Sangre de Cristo mountains) is not pleasant, at least to us. We've been to both parks and don't have any desire to return.
  • I don't have a brake controller yet but I HIGHLY recommend (along with others have said) you install a top-quality one. The main reason is lots of drivers, at least here in CO, can be idiots. You want to have the security to control your rig and trailer if a moron cuts in front of you while traffic is slowing down.
  • Pack a good hiking headlamp. I take one on every trip.
  • When you park your rig, use the inside door locks and not your key fob to lock it. Get a faraday bag (or build your own) so to stow your key fobs, wallets, purses, and such when you're not driving to prevent thieves from stealing. Never leave your rig unattended at gas stations. Thieves love to quickly snatch the purse or whatever then drive away.
  • If you are bringing a firearm, be sure you know each state's laws for how to stow legally in the vehicle. FYI - you CANNOT legally open carry in the City and County of Denver.
  • Be attentive to all the non-stop protests in the country. This past Saturday afternoon, I-225 in Denver was held up by protestors. Your main priority is to keep your family safe.
  • While camping in the West, be wary of rattlesnakes and mountain lions. Last year a family in Bailey, CO, experienced a mountain lion attack their child, because they thought it was a good idea for him to walk to his friend's house at sunset. My friend's friend was stalked by a mountain lion while fishing. Several years ago a family lost a child to a cat because they allowed their child to wander away from them during a hike. Bears are more likely to attack you if there's food around. Clean up all the food in your RV before bed, bury scraps 75+ yds away from your campsite or put in air-tight bags, etc. Bears will open up anything if they smell food and want it. When I lived at 9,200 feet in Conifer, CO, I witnessed a bear at my home easily undo a garbage receptacle that was locked with wires and chains.
  • Give yourself more time/days than you have planned due to weather, needs of children, etc. We made an 1.5 hour long stop in Wichita, KS two years ago because our son just could not take another minute in his car set. Last year we had to detour through OK and TX to miss an ice storm while returning home to Denver from Springfield, MO. It's going to happen.
  • Keep bathroom wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer near the front seat if you have children with you. Another "just saying...."
  • Don't forget to have many bags available for trash while driving.
  • The air pressure in your tires will change as you go to/from higher altitude. Keep an eye on the air pressure display.
  • If your two year old is using a child's potty, bring it with you. We love the one from Ikea our son can sit on.
  • Pack toothbrush, paste, cup, and mouthwash in the front seat. It just makes a long-day of driving much more enjoyable.
  • Be flexible with your options for CO when it's time to head home. Lake City is about 1 hour south of the Gunny and is incredibly beautiful. There's camping there and great 4x4 roads - some you can do with your rig without doing any damage to it. If you're short on time, take I-70 all the way through instead of heading to the southern part.
  • Keep a small container near the front seat of water to wash your hands and for drinking, especially with the needs of children.
  • In remote places like KS, NE, WY, UT, NV, if you see a gas station and think it's time for potty break, then make the executive decision and take the exit ramp. Having to pass a gas station then 5 mins later hear your family request a bathroom break, and knowing the next exit is 50 miles away, well, it's another "just saying...."
  • Use an app like Gas Buddy to get an idea of gas prices in each state. In Limon, CO, gas can be $0.25 higher than places 10 miles away.
  • At high elevation, like here in CO, the sun is more intense than at sea level. Your skin will burn much faster than at lower elavations. You will definitely feel it in your RV if there's no shade.
  • Altitude sickness might impact your family. When you heading into WY and while you are in the West, drink LOTS of water throughout the day. If you experience headaches, fatigue, disrupted sleep then it might be the altitude. Stay hydrated, limit exposure to the sun, and get lots of rest. It's normal.

Last edited:
  • IMHO, there's not much to see at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison or the Sand Dunes. I've not been to the Grand Canyon but I think that would be a much better option. The Sand Dunes park is a bunch of big sand dunes next to the mountain range. The general area around Alamosa is depressing and the landscape (except for the Sangre de Cristo mountains) is not pleasant, at least to us. We've been to both parks and don't have any desire to return.

Lots of good points in the post, but I agree about both Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Sand Dunes.

The thing with the Grand Canyon is that if you aren't hiking down into it, most of the views along the rim kind of blend into each other, so there isn't a big need to spend a ton of time there. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon provides a very different perspective and isn't as heavily visited as the South Rim.

Another plus to paying for most things with a credit card is you accumulate a bunch of points that you wouldn't get by paying with a debit card or cash.

I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who brings a bunch of bags for trash with me on trips. I usually bring paper towels and window cleaner too for times when dead bugs have built up on the windshield and I can't find a gas station with decent window cleaning solution.

I agree with everything in RT's post except for this bit about Great Sand Dunes. It's awesome for kids, I would think the OP's two-year old would dig it. Definitely don't need more than a day there, though. Weather in October should be somewhere between 20s and snowy and 70s and sunny. Pack accordingly.

Lots of good points in the post, but I agree about both Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Sand Dunes.

The thing with the Grand Canyon is that if you aren't hiking down into it, most of the views along the rim kind of blend into each other, so there isn't a big need to spend a ton of time there. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon provides a very different perspective and isn't as heavily visited as the South Rim.

Another plus to paying for most things with a credit card is you accumulate a bunch of points that you wouldn't get by paying with a debit card or cash.

I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who brings a bunch of bags for trash with me on trips. I usually bring paper towels and window cleaner too for times when dead bugs have built up on the windshield and I can't find a gas station with decent window cleaning solution.

Yes, I'm going to add the point thing and give you credit. Great point. And, we've going through several Walmart plastic bags in one day! Then we make an unplanned stop at Walmart for more bags.... we've learned the hard way.

I agree with everything in RT's post except for this bit about Great Sand Dunes. It's awesome for kids, I would think the OP's two-year old would dig it. Definitely don't need more than a day there, though. Weather in October should be somewhere between 20s and snowy and 70s and sunny. Pack accordingly.

Yes, most families won't need more than half a day. I didn't consider the two year old in the evaluation so that make sense. There is an easy 4x4 trail on the back side of the Sand Dunes park going to the eastern side of the mountain range. But of course, not recommended with an RV.

To add another point, if you’re hitting high elevations considering using 91 octane as some 200s, including myself, have experienced the tank overheating and having the gas boil when filled with 87. You can also unscrew the gas cap when parked to let it off gas.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't want to publicize it as to not start a gun debate but I will be carrying a handgun for this trip.

I have no doubt you are a responsible gun owner, but please check the laws in every state you will be traveling to ensure you know where and how you can store your firearm. If you have a CCW, things will be a bit easier as long as there is reciprocity. This is a good resource, but I'd verify through other sources as well USCCA Concealed Carry Reciprocity Map & US Gun Laws | USCCA. The last thing you want is a stupid speeding ticket to turn into something much more serious based on where and how in the vehicle the gun is stored.

Tentative Route:
8/27 - Depart Davidson, NC
8/27-8/28 - Kentucky, - Mammoth Cave National Park. Bourbon tour? Get a real southern fried chicken meal.
8/28-8/30 - Illinois, ??? - not much to offer. Most people will stop in Chicago to catch the city attraction. But I’ll avoid the area because of tolls.
8/30-9/1 - Iowa/Minnesota, If you take I-80, stop by the largest truck stop on I-80.
9/1-9/4 - South Dakota, Badlands National Park. - Wall drug is next to Badland. Unique town. Also, there is minuteman missile national historic site nearby.
9/4-9/6 - Wyoming, Big Horn Mtn Base
9/6-9/8 - Wyoming, Yellowstone. Find a day to side track to Grand Teton National Park too. Jackson, WY is a must stop. Also, maybe take the gondola up Jackson hole Ski area.
9/8-9/9 - Idaho, Sawtooth National Forest
9/9-9/10 - Oregon, Alvord Desert
9/10-9/13 - Oregon, Bend
9/13-9/16 - Oregon, Crater Lake
9/16-9/19 - California, Redwood National
9/19-9/20 - California, Napa (load up on wine)
9/20-9/23 - California, Big Sur
9/23-9/26 - California, Yosemite (unable to book any sites, looking for boondocking spots)
9/26-9/29 - California, Mammoth Lakes
9/29-9/30 - Nevada, Cathedral Gorge State Park
9/30-10/3 - Utah, Zion National Park. - hiking? Zion is mostly overcrowd. But it’s beautiful and it’s a paradise for hiker.
10/3-10/4 - Utah, Buckskin Gulch/Bryce Canyon/Capital Reef (nothing booked)
10/4-10/7 - Utah, Arches National Park/Moab - Don’t forget Canyonland it’s near Moab. Also stop at Dead Horse Point State Park before entering Canyonland. If you feel like to do some off-road, you’re in off-roading town.
10/7-10/9 - Colorado, Mesa Verde. - Take the tour. Cliff house tour is a must.
10/9-10/12 - Colorado, Black Canyon Gunnison - Near Ouray.... must visit. Ouray is also known as Switzerland of America.
10/12-10/15 - Colorado, Great Sand Dunes National Park
10/15-10/16 - Kansas, ???? Not much to do, except taste some real KC BBQ.
10/16-10/18 - St Louis, Friends House - Gateway arch, SL BBQ.
10/18-10/20 - Tennessee, Great Smokey Mountains -
10/21 - Back home to Davidson, NC

Thanks for the suggestions and comments by location. Definitely going to book mammoth caves and spend time at Teton. Will since if I can swing by Jackson. Thanks!

To add another point, if you’re hitting high elevations considering using 91 octane as some 200s, including myself, have experienced the tank overheating and having the gas boil when filled with 87. You can also unscrew the gas cap when parked to let it off gas.
Good call. I was actually debating the octane to use for this trip... kind of a waste to do premium for the entire trip but sounds like it makes sense for higher elevations.

I've done a 7,200 mile trip before by myself and several trips with my family over several states, along with countless trips here and there. I think I've driven in about 35 states. At times I tend to give more info than needed, but you never know when being prepared can really come in handy.
  • Use a credit card and NOT a debit card during your travels. The reason is if someone hacks into your debit/bank account, all of your cash can be at risk. Even though the bank will refund it, it could take 2-3 days. And if this happens on a Friday night, you're in a pickle until the next week. We just came from Lake City two weeks ago. The credit card we used was hacked. Good thing it wasn't our debit card.
  • With that being said, always take a debit card and 1-2 back up credit cards. You never know when something big unexpected and you'll need fast access to credit.
  • EDIT: @greynolds had a great point about using a card for points. If you don't have a Costco Visa with cash-back, you might wanna consider it for this trip.
  • Take cash. The last time we drove through Kansas City to head home to Denver on I-70, there was a toll booth that was cash only that was shorter than the other lines. FYI - if you change your plan and go through/around Oklahoma City, some of those toll booths ONLY except cash if you do not have a transponder. (I finally got a toll thingy for KS, OK, and TX).
  • Always have your snack bag and cooler in the 2nd row. After making the mistake of packing the snack cooler before a long trip in the cargo hold, having to stop to find it and put it near the front, then repack, well, just saying....
  • Pack winter gear. Snow is known to arrive in WY by first week of Sep.
  • Even in the summer when we go to the mountains here in CO, we have light to medium cold gear stored in the second row. We've been at 13k feet on 4x4 roads in summer (like two weeks ago in Lake City) and thanks to winter gear, we were warm as we walked around to take photos. Don't pack it in the cargo hold especially if it's windy.... brrr.
  • Don't forget to pack tools. I suggest taking an extra serpentine belt, a printed diagram of how it goes on, and the tools to install it. I carry my old serpentine belt on our trips.
  • I've driven in KS, IA, NE, WY, MT, WA, OR, ID, UT, CO, NM, TX, OK (and a bunch more) and can tell you.... when you are in the middle of nowhere with nothing around, not even a tree, there's gonna be a LEO with a laser.
  • WY, NE, KS can be incredibly windy. Driving in sustained winds of 20mph or more becomes exhausting.
  • I recommend installing high-quality dash cams before you leave. CO has experienced an increase of aggressive drivers. Which goes to my next point...
  • Driving on US 285, I-70/25, and US 160 has become dangerous, along with other main roads here. We were almost knocked into the oncoming traffic by a pickup and camper who illegally passed us on the right. The CO State Patrol knocked on the guy's door due to the video we sent to the them.
  • I don't have a brake controller yet but I HIGHLY recommend (along with others have said) you install a top-quality one. The main reason is lots of drivers, at least here in CO, can be idiots. You want to have the security to control your rig and trailer if a moron cuts in front of you while traffic is slowing down.
  • Pack a good hiking headlamp. I take one on every trip.
  • When you park your rig, use the inside door locks and not your key fob to lock it. Get a faraday bag (or build your own) so to stow your key fobs, wallets, purses, and such when you're not driving to prevent thieves from stealing. Never leave your rig unattended at gas stations. Thieves love to quickly snatch the purse or whatever then drive away.
  • If you are bringing a firearm, be sure you know each state's laws for how to stow legally in the vehicle. FYI - you CANNOT legally open carry in the City and County of Denver.
  • Be attentive to all the non-stop protests in the country. This past Saturday afternoon, I-225 in Denver was held up by protestors. Your main priority is to keep your family safe.
  • While camping in the West, be wary of rattlesnakes and mountain lions. Last year a family in Bailey, CO, experienced a mountain lion attack their child, because they thought it was a good idea for him to walk to his friend's house at sunset. My friend's friend was stalked by a mountain lion while fishing. Several years ago a family lost a child to a cat because they allowed their child to wander away from them during a hike. Bears are more likely to attack you if there's food around. Clean up all the food in your RV before bed, bury scraps 75+ yds away from your campsite or put in air-tight bags, etc. Bears will open up anything if they smell food and want it. When I lived at 9,200 feet in Conifer, CO, I witnessed a bear at my home easily undo a garbage receptacle that was locked with wires and chains.
  • Give yourself more time/days than you have planned due to weather, needs of children, etc. We made an 1.5 hour long stop in Wichita, KS two years ago because our son just could not take another minute in his car set. Last year we had to detour through OK and TX to miss an ice storm while returning home to Denver from Springfield, MO. It's going to happen.
  • Keep bathroom wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer near the front seat if you have children with you. Another "just saying...."
  • The air pressure in your tires will change as you go to/from higher altitude. Keep an eye on the air pressure display.
  • If your two year old is using a child's potty, bring it with you. We love the one from Ikea our son can sit on.
  • Pack toothbrush, paste, cup, and mouthwash in the front seat. It just makes a long-day of driving much more enjoyable.
  • Be flexible with your options for CO when it's time to head home. Lake City is about 1 hour south of the Gunny and is incredibly beautiful. There's camping there and great 4x4 roads - some you can do with your rig without doing any damage to it. If you're short on time, take I-70 all the way through instead of heading to the southern part.
  • Keep a small container near the front seat of water to wash your hands and for drinking, especially with the needs of children.
  • In remote places like KS, NE, WY, UT, NV, if you see a gas station and think it's time for potty break, then make the executive decision and take the exit ramp. Having to pass a gas station then 5 mins later hear your family request a bathroom break, and knowing the next exit is 50 miles away, well, it's another "just saying...."
  • Use an app like Gas Buddy to get an idea of gas prices in each state. In Limon, CO, gas can be $0.25 higher than places 10 miles away.
  • At high elevation, like here in CO, the sun is more intense than at sea level. Your skin will burn much faster than at lower elavations. You will definitely feel it in your RV if there's no shade.
  • Altitude sickness might impact your family. When you heading into WY and while you are in the West, drink LOTS of water throughout the day. If you experience headaches, fatigue, disrupted sleep then it might be the altitude. Stay hydrated, limit exposure to the sun, and get lots of rest. It's normal.

Wow. This is awesome. Great call on the dash cams and faraday... I may try do use my gopro as a dash cam. Reread this a few times with the wifey, really great info. Thank you!

Sounds like Black Canyon is out! I am now looking for alternative camp locations in Telluride or Ouray. My wife and I hiked the Grand Canyon R2R, so we will probably skip that.... Agree on the CC, my AMEX will be getting a workout.

I may limit the stay at Sand Dunes to 2 nights and hopefully I can find a great spot in Telluride/Ouray for 4 nights...

Wow. This is awesome. Great call on the dash cams and faraday... I may try do use my gopro as a dash cam. Reread this a few times with the wifey, really great info. Thank you!

@RT Cruiser This is some great advice, I think I have experienced each one, and also some comfort.

The states mentioned for high winds may be a great time for slower alternate routes, the wind is tiring, traffic is still running 80 and the fuel consumption in a 200 doesn’t get any better, truly interstate driving at its worst!

Another must have are window cleaner, a small squeegee, and some car wash supplies stored in the camper.
I washed my 200 ~7 times in 3 weeks and cleaned the windshield a 100 times (mostly to remove bugs), but I am probably too particular! My wife laughed at me, my soon to be 14 year old, who had to help, found less humor in my habits!

I thought I was the only guy who had to stop to let his 3 year old run around a large grass area beside a McDonalds for an hour, it was the impetus to mapping playgrounds for breaks!

Enjoy! The scenery and the journey are amazing!

60270B0C-50C4-4E19-B3CB-9DBC0D47A8DB.jpeg

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't want to publicize it as to not start a gun debate but I will be carrying a handgun for this trip.
CA and IL is a big no no. If you plan to visit those states, bring a rape whistle.

@RT Cruiser This is some great advice, I think I have experienced each one, and also some comfort.

The states mentioned for high winds may be a great time for slower alternate routes, the wind is tiring, traffic is still running 80 and the fuel consumption in a 200 doesn’t get any better, truly interstate driving at its worst!

Another must have are window cleaner, a small squeegee, and some car wash supplies stored in the camper.
I washed my 200 ~7 times in 3 weeks and cleaned the windshield a 100 times (mostly to remove bugs), but I am probably too particular! My wife laughed at me, my soon to be 14 year old, who had to help, found less humor in my habits!

I thought I was the only guy who had to stop to let his 3 year old run around a large grass area beside a McDonalds for an hour, it was the impetus to mapping playgrounds for breaks!

Enjoy! The scenery and the journey are amazing!

View attachment 2388896

Ordering window squigee now! What other car wash gear did you take? I have llumar paint protection on front end and ceramic on the rest of the car... but want to be able to wash when possible.

Inform your CC issuer that you will be traveling to avoid any drama with declined purchases. I got in a bind once in Page AZ trying to get gas at night after the bank put a hold on my card because they thought it was stolen.

Inform your CC issuer that you will be traveling to avoid any drama with declined purchases. I got in a bind once in Page AZ trying to get gas at night after the bank put a hold on my card because they thought it was stolen.
Yeah, that's an extremely useful tip and something I sometimes forget to do when I go off on a trip. It's another reason to have more than 1 card with you.

Another tip is to have a list of your credit card info (numbers, bank numbers, etc.), pictures of your driver's license, car / trailer registration, insurance coverage, etc. with you, stored securely (perhaps using something like LastPass on your smartphone). If you cards get lost or stolen, it makes it a lot easier to contact your bank and get things taken care of.

I may limit the stay at Sand Dunes to 2 nights and hopefully I can find a great spot in Telluride/Ouray for 4 nights...
  • There are 4x4 trails to access via Ouray than from Telluride. Ouray has become a tourist trap, sad to say. It's usually over-crowded in the summer. Camping spots in/near town are limited. You can always park your rv outside a campground most anywhere in CO as long as you don't see posted signs to not camp overnight (I'm sure there are other rules but most people don't pay attention to them).
  • If you are going over Monarch Pass (Between Gunnison and Salida), you will definitely want a brake controller. Again, get the best you can afford. The locals call Gunnison "the Gunny" and Crested Butte "the CB". So you can be hip while you're in the area and use those terms :cool:.
  • The valley next to the Sand Dunes (again, imho) can be disappointing emotionally, and it's very dry. There is a state park near there with a lake....that doesn't have a single drop of water in it. There is a falls a bit south of the Sand Dunes that is a very popular spot. The access road is VERY bumpy - not advised for towing a trailer. Though we've been there before a few years ago, we tried it last year in our Cruiser. It was so bumpy we gave up and turned around. There are 4x4 roads near the dunes in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, but not suited for towing. After all the 4x4 roads I've done here in CO, the best are indeed in the Ouray/Lake City/Telluride area.
  • I sound like trying to sell you something, but Lake City is one of the most beautiful places in CO. 4x4 access roads, big lake, very quiet town, camping sites, and very low key.
  • If I can be of help over the phone, just message me and let's chat. I'll even tell you where the LEO's hang out on the roads! (Don't speed between Alamosa and Walsenburg, near the Sand Dunes.)

• Ditto again on the high winds. Twice we had to change our route in KS due to high winds. It really is exhausting and sucks on the gas. The Cruiser will be a big sail in high winds. You're gonna feel it.
  • I can't tell you how many times we've stopped so our son (and wife) can put their feet on solid ground. It's affirming to hear what @desmocruiser said. Sigh.... it's going to happen. Be flexible. On our next trip from Denver to Dauphin Island in a few weeks, I'm driving and they are flying (2,880 miles round trip).

I don't think you're crazy at all for doing this. Take the opportunity and enjoy it. The memories, photos, pain, setbacks, surprises, planning, souvenirs, dinosaur-size poopy diapers, highway boredom, camping joys, exploration, hot days and cold nights, and all that and then some will be more than worth it.

Last edited:
Just a note about higher octane and higher elevation. We’re at 5k feet. We regularly drive our 200 to elevations over 8k feet and at times 10k feet. We’ve never had an issue. I’ve never had to run higher octane to mitigate the issue that was discussed above. Just for what it’s worth. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom