Crooked engine and an alternator question ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We're talking bout an '81 BJ40 here with B engine, I've had it a while but never seen it run yet. The alternator was missing and the fan had no blades due to a collision with a loose battery clamp. Anyway.... I took the relevant parts from my '83 and got fitting.

With the shroud off I fitted my spare fan and straight away noticed the strange angle of the engine in relation to everything else i.e. the rad and the axle below. Is the engine not exactly perpendicular to the vehicle when looking into the bay from the front? It looks real odd as if its off maybe 2 degrees.
Dscf0089.jpg

Having stuck in an alt from an '83 (not a copy, the vacuum generator is different) and connected the 10mm gold nut on top, the big black block on the side and the single white connector beside the thermostat, I still have one connector with no home, see it in the picture near the battery tray. Any ideas?
Dscf0090.jpg

Thanks Lowenbrau, now that I think of it the rear diff IS over to the RHS of the axle, its all becoming clearer now hehe!! I hadnt seen the fan on with the shroud off before and all I had to compare it to was a hiluxsurf I sold recently which ran dead in line down the middle.....but then again ......the diff was in the middle at the back. Why is the cruiser diff off-centre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom