Credit Card Key for Land Cruiser (/LX570) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, lots of people moving to digital keypad or "smart" locks these days. Added benefit is if there's an emergency the code can be given to the call taker so FD doesn't need to break anything to get inside.

stupid key question of the day: is it possible to program a Credit Card key for 2 different rigs?
I have a 2015 LX, and just got my wife a 2018 LX. I wouldn't want to try this with a regular remote with buttons, but if I can program the same credit card key to both rigs, the proximity sensors would work to whichever I was standing next to.

I am going through the ringer on the backup key. I have a 2020 LC, I ordered the CC key. However the back up key, it seems like folks who order 69515-30380 are receiving one without the triangle cutout - and it's not working. The pics online of 69515-30380 show no triangle. Can anyone confirm/deny if the key requires the triangle cutout?

See example - no triangle cutout.

The garage door opener on the mirror. I guess it's not the most secure and I have considered upgrading my dead bolt to a smart lock on the front door. I guess it's on the "honey-do" list.

I would at the very least hide/bury/something a backup key for the house. Our last power outage, more than a couple of my neighbors were unable to get inside their homes due to no physical key.

I am going through the ringer on the backup key. I have a 2020 LC, I ordered the CC key. However the back up key, it seems like folks who order 69515-30380 are receiving one without the triangle cutout - and it's not working. The pics online of 69515-30380 show no triangle. Can anyone confirm/deny if the key requires the triangle cutout?

See example - no triangle cutout.

Update - I ordered the key above. No triangle cutout. It worked fine on my 2020 LC door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom