Lexus Credit Card Key Successfully programmed on 2016 LC #89904-53512 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
I had an older Lexus credit card style fob that worked great on my 2011 (range was OK, but wqs nice not carrying key around. Sometimes had to touch door a couple times to get it to unlock). Unfortunately it would not program on my 2016 LC.

I ordered Toyota part 89904-53512 from Norfolk Toyota and it successfully programmed using Techstream. I also purchased a key blank for the and had it cut locally.

Works MUCH better than the older CC remote I had on my 11. Senses very well, must have a better antenna. Highly recommend if you want the convenience of having your key in your wallet.

image (1).jpg

Nice!
Any chance you post a thickness comparison next to a credit card (or harmless equivalent for a photo)?
Curious, since thickness would help me decide.

Do you happen to know if it’s ok with older 200s? (2008 here).

If not...
Some might want to consider the key fob replacement shells from YotaMD (made by a fellow mud guy) are fantastic. Significantly thinner than the blobby stock fob and tiny in a pocket.

info here:YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit

Nice!
Any chance you post a thickness comparison next to a credit card (or harmless equivalent for a photo)?
Curious, since thickness would help me decide.

Do you happen to know if it’s ok with older 200s? (2008 here).

If not...
Some might want to consider the key fob replacement shells from YotaMD (made by a fellow mud guy) are fantastic. Significantly thinner than the blobby stock fob and tiny in a pocket.

info here:YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit

So the problem with my 11 was it had a 2 sided emergency entry key, while the cc emergency key is single sided (I kept an extra battery in a mini sleeve in my wallet to avoid getting locked out. Since the car warns you when the fob battery is low, it was never an issue for me
There is an older version cc fob that works with the 08-15:
FCC ID: HYQ14ABB

* Part Number: 89904-50642

Can be found as low as $90 locked:

I'd take this for under $110 (including unlock service by mail) over the $75 shell any day, even though the shell is a cool product. Freeing up the pocket space has been awesome. If you don't have techstream, plan on paying toyota/locksmith to program for you.

I used to carry keys and wallet in the same pocket (front pocket wallet). Much nicer getting rid of the traditional fobs bulk.

Not sure if the newer part in the first post will work on.pre-16s, but I doubt it, as the HYQ14ABB won't detect on the 16+.

Also, if you buy one of these used, it is imperative that it is unlocked or virgin. Otherwise a locksmith will have to unlock it. There are locksmiths you can mail it to for this. I found a locksmith selling the service on ebay I have used twice. You can't unprogram/unlock the remote fob with techstream, at least as far as I can tell. You can program an unlocked/virgin fob to the LC with techstream however. It can be cost effective to buy a used non-unlocked as it costs under $20 for the by mail unlock service.

The thickness is roughly the same as 2 credit cards. A pretty nice upgrade. (Online pic from a tacoma forum):

images (3).jpeg

Last edited:
Tagged for interest

Dumb question of the day candidate, but have to ask. Its just how my retired engineer mind works. How does this remote connect to techstream? Bluetooth, induction, wifi, really tiny cable? I guess same question applies to the big, stock LC fob as well.

Last edited:
I had an older Lexus credit card style fob that worked great on my 2011 (range was OK, but wqs nice not carrying key around. Sometimes had to touch door a couple times to get it to unlock). Unfortunately it would not program on my 2016 LC.

I ordered Toyota part 89904-53512 from Norfolk Toyota and it successfully programmed using Techstream. I also purchased a key blank for the and had it cut locally.

Works MUCH better than the older CC remote I had on my 11. Senses very well, must have a better antenna. Highly recommend if you want the convenience of having your key in your wallet.

View attachment 2096798

What's the part number for the key blank?

Will it break easy? Pretty expensive for such a small thing.

Can you unlock and lock car remotely?

I used one for over a year and it was solid. It did form a bit of a crack where the key goes, but that was due to no key being in it. It is pretty heavy duty.

A little additional info, plus a question...

FCC ID Search Lets you look up remotes based on fcc id. Its interesting, I learned a little about FCC IDs. Still a ways to go for my complete understanding. Hopefully some more experienced technical mind here has already figure it all out.

It appears that there are a lot of lexus smart keys on the same frequency, HYQ14xxx . 314.35 MHz . Since they use the same frequency, does that mean they are compatible with each other or is there something else going on with the remotes beyond the frequency... namely what they are doing across that frequency. My 15 LC has an FCC ID of HYQ14ABB. The compatible smart key part number shown above in this thread has an FCC ID of HYQ14AEM according to the markings on the one I found listed on eBay from a Toyota dealer. Will this one work or not? Appears that if the FCC ID has to be an exact match, might be SOL.

In other words, what else, if anything is going on between the remote fob and the vehicle on that frequency.

A little additional info, plus a question...

FCC ID Search Lets you look up remotes based on fcc id. Its interesting, I learned a little about FCC IDs. Still a ways to go for my complete understanding. Hopefully some more experienced technical mind here has already figure it all out.

It appears that there are a lot of lexus smart keys on the same frequency, HYQ14xxx . 314.35 MHz . Since they use the same frequency, does that mean they are compatible with each other or is there something else going on with the remotes beyond the frequency... namely what they are doing across that frequency. My 15 LC has an FCC ID of HYQ14ABB. The compatible smart key part number shown above in this thread has an FCC ID of HYQ14AEM according to the markings on the one I found listed on eBay from a Toyota dealer. Will this one work or not? Appears that if the FCC ID has to be an exact match, might be SOL.

In other words, what else, if anything is going on between the remote fob and the vehicle on that frequency.

FCC IDs do not have to match necessarily. The FOBs that came with my 2016 is HYQ14FBA. I cross referenced it with newer Lexus vehicles that have this FOB as well. I then looked up the credit card style key for that same model Lexus to determine what would work for my 2016 which is HYQ14CBB. Clear as mud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom