Credit Card Key for Land Cruiser (/LX570) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, they did the key in the card?
Yes. The guy at ace was nice. He did the blank for the card and the blank for another big fob that I had all for a whopping $18.

I got my credit car key to work using TechStream! I have a different version of TechStream than Eric Sargeant used, but..... I screwed something up!!! The lock/unlock functions of my original key fobs do not work and the ability to lock unlock the vehicle by touching the handle also does not work. Please help!! I can't lock my car now. But, I can start my car with the credit card key =)

Update! Fixed it. Had to register the ECU. Whew, I was worried that I would have to go to the dealership to fix it.

Last edited:
All the incompetent Lexus and Toyota dealers in SoCal keep telling me this is impossible to do. None are "willing to risk" using a Lexus key on a Toyota. The Toyota dealership tells me to go to lexus to get it programmed. The Toyota dealer tells me to go to lexus because they don't work on lexus keys. The Lexus dealer won't "risk" immobilizing my cruiser to program the key.

I have a 2021 Heritage. Any suggestions?

All the incompetent Lexus and Toyota dealers in SoCal keep telling me this is impossible to do. None are "willing to risk" using a Lexus key on a Toyota. The Toyota dealership tells me to go to lexus to get it programmed. The Toyota dealer tells me to go to lexus because they don't work on lexus keys. The Lexus dealer won't "risk" immobilizing my cruiser to program the key.

I have a 2021 Heritage. Any suggestions?
My Toyota dealership programmed two Lexus credit card keys for my 2020 HE. No issues. Find a new dealer.

My Toyota dealership programmed two Lexus credit card keys for my 2020 HE. No issues. Find a new dealer.
Trying a different dealer right now. They've said it can't be done. I convinced them to give it a shot. If they can't make it work, they'll not charge me. At this point I just want them to try.

Trying a different dealer right now. They've said it can't be done. I convinced them to give it a shot. If they can't make it work, they'll not charge me. At this point I just want them to try.
if you’re ever in OC i can do it for you in a few minutes.

Can someone please confirm the smart card and blank key part number for a 2013 LX570? Anyone bought a used key from the below seller and did it work fine?

Can someone please confirm the smart card and blank key part number for a 2013 LX570? Anyone bought a used key from the below seller and did it work fine?

TRANSMITTER SUB-ASSEMBLY
Part Number: 8990450482

KEY, BLANK(CARD KEY)
Part Number: 6951530350

Were they able to get the physical card key to work?
I am confused as to the question. The card portion works great. The key works as well, was cut by the Carlsbad Toyota.

I am confused as to the question. The card portion works great. The key works as well, was cut by the Carlsbad Toyota.
Yup, I read that again and it didnt make any sense to me either. I meant the manual key, not the electronic key. I had mine cut by a locksmith and it didn't work. Does yours have the triangle cut-out portion cut into the tip? My original has it, but the copy doesn't

Yup, I read that again and it didnt make any sense to me either. I meant the manual key, not the electronic key. I had mine cut by a locksmith and it didn't work. Does yours have the triangle cut-out portion cut into the tip? My original has it, but the copy doesn't
both of my keys have the triangle cut out in the tip.

I scrolled back up and verified that the part number that you linked to was the same one that I ordered. When you received the key blank, was it already cut?
Negative, needed to be cut. Carlsbad Toyota charged me 5 bucks. But I think they gave me the wrong price.

My truck came with one of these when I purchased it used.

I personally have never been able to figure out the use case for it.

I have the typical key fob with two other important keys that I never leave the house without, so I could never use this card solely in lieu of my keys. I guess I could replace the key fob with this card and still carry the other keys in my pocket but seems redundant, and the size of this card is bulkier in my wallet then the small fob is in my front pocket.

Can anyone convince me to use this?

My truck came with one of these when I purchased it used.

I personally have never been able to figure out the use case for it.

I have the typical key fob with two other important keys that I never leave the house without, so I could never use this card solely in lieu of my keys. I guess I could replace the key fob with this card and still carry the other keys in my pocket but seems redundant, and the size of this card is bulkier in my wallet then the small fob is in my front pocket.

Can anyone convince me to use this?
I don't carry any more keys on my person anymore, I keep the card key inside my telephone wallet with a very minimal amount of credit cards and a single ID card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom