Creations from our LockDown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leftover NY strip so Andrea made bread bowls and I made steak and potato chowder.

J

IMG_20201215_140656644.jpg
IMG_20201215_124719757.jpg
IMG_20201215_140323081.jpg
IMG_20201215_140541567_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201215_140705533.jpg

^ That sounds great! Its on my list...used to make it regularly but has been quite a few years since last batch. Curious: How you do make your's? Chuck roast? Rehydrated Guajillo & New Mexican red peppers or?

@spressomon
Yup, a good quality stew meat, guajillos, new mex, morita, and a very few chile de arbol, along with one or more spanish/yellow onions, and garlic cloves.
All boiled/re-hydrated, drained and put into the blender along with cumin, salt, mex oregano (must be mex), and a few other small spices.
Can't member right now cause of jim beam n coke.
Lightly floured meat chunks browned and put all the stuff in a big pot and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours.

I serve it in a bowl with a hot buttered tortilla, and a lime or lemon wedge, the wife likes rice with it, but
leftovers are killer. Tonight will be burritos with rice n beans.

I cut open the chilis and remove the seeds and veins and stems. A long friggin process.
Wash yer hands before you go pee! or rub your eyes.
The heat can be adjusted later, just get the flavor right at first.
If I don't get enough heat, I add chipotle powder.
If I get too much heat, I add crushed tomatoes.
After the blender I run all the stuff through a strainer to remove any seeds, and chili skins.

But you are THE SUPRESSO, and prob already know that stuff.

PS, I used stew meat from Costco, but I had planned on using boneless beef short ribs because of the beautiful marbling.
And the day before today they did not have them. Oh, a double batch uses approx 4 lbs of meat.
One of these days I will make it with deer meat.

The wife received an Air Fryer from Santa.
That's great, cause I'm not having to cook tonight

I'm stuck...in a rut. A pizza rut :D

NYE pies: Marinara, Margherita & a pesto with pancetta and mushrooms. Tried something different than my usual 3-5 day cold ferment. Same dough recipe but 36-hours at 60F. Better cornichione with crisp outer crust and soft airy & pillowy interior but flavor profile was milder. But, overall very happy considering these were baked at 550F (using a 3/8" thick Baking Steel)...

tempImageIc53qZ.png

tempImagevmtre3.png

tempImagemDByla.png

I'm stuck...in a rut. A pizza rut :D

NYE pies: Marinara, Margherita & a pesto with pancetta and mushrooms. Tried something different than my usual 3-5 day cold ferment. Same dough recipe but 36-hours at 60F. Better cornichione with crisp outer crust and soft airy & pillowy interior but flavor profile was milder. But, overall very happy considering these were baked at 550F (using a 3/8" thick Baking Steel)...

View attachment 2540890

View attachment 2540893

View attachment 2540894

Man, if I made pizzas like that, I'd be gaining 5lbs per week! They look good!

^ Your biscuits look darn tasty!

Made a pastrami. 10 days in the brine, 6 hours on the smoker. I make one every year in January...this year's batch was exceptional
20210112_172705.jpg
20210112_173547.jpg
20210112_173632.jpg

^ Wow & Nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom