Creations from our LockDown (1 Viewer)

TYM4FUN

SILVER Star
Well, turned in all my beer cans, er I mean recyclables and will use the cash for some King Crab legs tonight.
Haven't had any since a year ago Christmas.
The wife will like that.
s***. I give all my recyclables to the city via curbside pickup. I just don’t want to save em or deal with it. BUT, you have just changed my mind. All my beer cans will now go towards a yearly crab/lobster feast.

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
s***. I give all my recyclables to the city via curbside pickup. I just don’t want to save em or deal with it. BUT, you have just changed my mind. All my beer cans will now go towards a yearly crab/lobster feast.

I'm like you. We get 10c per container.
I've never bothered with it cos the nowhere near me to turn them in

spressomon

glutton
Related, we probably had a dozen or more empty 1-gallon Crystal Geyser water containers when we were in Monterey (CA for you non west coasters :D) last year. So, rather than throw them away I thought, given we paid the mandatory deposit for them, I walked them into Whole Foods and was subsequently told the only place to turn them in for cash...was in Salinas, a 30-mile roundtrip. Smart.

TYM4FUN

SILVER Star
Related, we probably had a dozen or more empty 1-gallon Crystal Geyser water containers when we were in Monterey (CA for you non west coasters :D) last year. So, rather than throw them away I thought, given we paid the mandatory deposit for them, I walked them into Whole Foods and was subsequently told the only place to turn them in for cash...was in Salinas, a 30-mile roundtrip. Smart.
Aaaaaaaaand, now I just changed my mind. 😂 Calculating fuel costs, it will cost me more to recycle than not. That didn’t last long.

Well, no crab legs to be found in town, so I did big diver scallops wrapped in bacon and pan seared.
A hot Sautee of yellow squash in bacon grease, and a big spinach salad with bacon, egg, red onions, and mushrooms with a honey mustard dressing.

TYM4FUN

SILVER Star
Well, no crab legs to be found in town, so I did big diver scallops wrapped in bacon and pan seared.
A hot Sautee of yellow squash in bacon grease, and a big spinach salad with bacon, egg, red onions, and mushrooms with a honey mustard dressing.
DUDE and no PIC!

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Ground pork and bacon burger on a jalapeno cheddar ciabatta roll.

I call it the OINKER!!!!! HA

J
IMG_20210123_134903149.jpg
IMG_20210123_134538099.jpg
IMG_20210123_134159349.jpg
IMG_20210123_134426152.jpg
IMG_20210123_134540031_HDR.jpg

Well, it has been raining all night and most of the day. And we did not want to do much in the kitchen, so
I found a small marketa that had some real honest slow cooked carnitas, got 2 lbs.
Gotta figure out what to do with them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom