Creations from our LockDown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, he came home with 2 yard birds, and said, "Hey Dad, you can spice up one of these."
And now we gots 2 birds on the pit.
He talked his mom into making home made french fries.

Well, that little fart now has my cast iron skillet on the grill, and is frying up his potato sticks.
He is planning on tossing all of them in a paper bag, with "His" spice mix.
The test fries were good.
Oh man, I raised a monster. He is already telling me what I'm doing wrong on my own grill.

Bone in pork chop, Brussels sprouts glazed in maple syrup and Dijon mustard with left over stuffing.

63B6317A-EFE7-4370-8A82-1FF5F55429B1.jpeg

Well, that little fart now has my cast iron skillet on the grill, and is frying up his potato sticks.
He is planning on tossing all of them in a paper bag, with "His" spice mix.
The test fries were good.
Oh man, I raised a monster. He is already telling me what I'm doing wrong on my own grill.

How old is the monster?

I love cooking with my boy (18yr) and he's a damn good cook when he decides to have a good crack at it

Well, the oldest made some Philly Cheese Steak samwitches last night.
I went and got 2 nice rib eyes and had them sliced super thin, and said have at it.
And he did, they were real good.
Now I'm trying to find some authentic carnitas, most places around here are sold out.

Now I'm trying to find some authentic carnitas, most places around here are sold out.

We're on the same wavelength apparently.

I don't know how authentic, but....
Leftover pulled pork = BOOM! Close-Enough Carnitas
20201210_173330.jpg

Butt

BU Chuck, We have several markets and carnecerias around here that do a great job at authentic carnitas in big batches.
You can order the lean or fatty versions by the pound. I like when they are still warm and floating in their juices.
This is the stuff I buy when I make chili verde, cause I am too busy grilling/smoking all of my veg for the dish.

Well, found some carnitas. We were wondering how to prepare them, and my oldest stood up and said. "I got this"
He made some strange quesadilla type of thing, it was actually pretty good.

Homemade ‘kraut hit 3+ weeks fermenting so it was time for smoky tempeh reubens again. Tonight’s dinner.

8F4637C9-425C-47A3-85DB-F878F3E7EA4F.jpeg

Funny, this is in the making here today...

...chicken-vegetable soup.

Edit: And dinner time serving :)

IMG_2746.JPG

IMG_7220.JPG

Last edited:
Well, one almost whole chicken (leftover from the pit barrel) 2 cartons of chicken stock, 2 cans of Cambel's cream of chicken, 1 can of black beans rinsed,
1 can of mexicorn nibblets, shredded montery jack cheese, 2 big shakes of minute rice, a little corn starch, seasonings, some caned chilis, 1 small can of enchilada
sauce, and just floated 1 chopped flour tortilla (to make a dumpling typa things). Will serve with rough chopped cilantro, and more shredded cheese.

Pizza time again here tonight. Classic Naples style Marinara pie (no pics) and a couple Thai Pizzas.
96-hour cold ferment Neapolitan style dough
5-Spice covered and roasted 1/2 chicken; shredded
Peanut sauce + EVO for the base sauce
Crushed peanuts
Paper thin slices of red onion
Fresh serrano peppers, sliced
Roasted sliced mushrooms
Bean sprouts
Smoked & regular Monterey Jack cheese
Sweet & hot chili sauce
Cilantro

tempImage7pHwEa.png