Creations from our LockDown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow Dude, sounds great ^^^^^^^
and how did you find a winery in Kingsburg?
That town is only about 25 minutes or so from my house.
The area is known for fruit trees of all kinds, some veggies, and for grapes it's raisins, and table grapes.

Hot here today and come home to a few beers and a munchie board. Love you babe!

J

IMG_20200603_152530240.jpg

^ I'm relating. We used to have a butcher & deli shop in Reno that, among many wonderful all things foodie purveyor, had fresh Ostrich meat (various cuts & ground) that was incredible; but they closed shop a dozen years ago or so. Where'd you source it?

^ I'm relating. We used to have a butcher & deli shop in Reno that, among many wonderful all things foodie purveyor, had fresh Ostrich meat (various cuts & ground) that was incredible; but they closed shop a dozen years ago or so. Where'd you source it?

My mother used to own an optical shop and the doctor there raised ostrich and had a large side operation. She gets it for us from time to time. But when we have to buy direct we get it from either Fossil Farms or Blackwing.

J

Received a thank you gift from @DougRFJ62 and Miss Susie. Snake River Farms meat pack.

A few skirt steaks, filets and strips. Andrea wasn't in a meat mood today so a quick fajita is always welcome in my belly! SO TENDER!!!!

Thanks Doug and Susie

Jason

IMG_20200604_110655995.jpg
IMG_20200605_143823826.jpg
IMG_20200605_143851225.jpg
IMG_20200605_145121324.jpg
IMG_20200605_145327420.jpg

Since I didn't draw any tags last year we relied on another good buddy's good fortune and thankfully have a bunch of wild Desert Bighorn meat in the freezer including a bunch of 100% ground burger. I don't like mixing beef/pork into my wild game meat but thoroughly enjoy the incredible deliciousness of all: Venison, elk, pronghorn, moose and bighorn cuts and burgers. If I could just have wild game I'd never buy another cut/ground domesticated meat/poultry again.

Last night it was time to try out the WindTamer as a monster cold front was moving in that brought 50mph+ winds with it. Happy to report grilling the Desert Bighorn burgers outside atop a Camp Chef Ranger stove and Baking Steel griddle with the WindTamer keeping the flame 100% intact was a 'no cussing' endeavor :D.

Can't post videos here (come on Woody!) so you don't get to see me using the can of tomatoes for smashing the round balls of burger into the 500º BakingSteel for smash style burgers but just know they turned out super...as always.

IMG_2941.JPG
IMG_8045.JPG
IMG_9819.JPG
IMG_9136.JPG
IMG_3386.JPG

Susie and I have been very busy with her recovery and house construction from a slab leak :mad: .
Simplistic meals are on the menu for the time being.
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, red bell pepper, onion, potato hash with homemade mini waffles topped off with maple syrup.
Dinner: Chicken, Shelled pasta, San Marzano tomatoes, teaspoon of red pepper flakes for some fire, red and white onion, red bell pepper, fresh basil,oregano, parsley topped off with mozzarella .

20200607_171434.jpg

20200610_164632.jpg

Well last night was sliders, potato skins, and stuffed mushrooms.
Oldest son made his own Ranch dressing.
All n all, it was pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom