Creations from our LockDown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool, rainy, and windy for the next couple of days so... Chile with beans an pig in a blanket.
6A4E3600-589A-4594-8AD7-26BF41ADEBF4.jpeg
409ABB8F-63C5-445C-B5B3-69F4D117205D.jpeg

2 Week Sour Dough Starter (1 week @ RT and 1 week 8C) and a >3lb loaf of sour dough. Not as sour as we like but after a few months of feeding the starter we should have a fine tasting sour dough.

View attachment 2268004
Hot water tank room substitutes as warming draw
View attachment 2268005
View attachment 2268007View attachment 2268008

@DougRFJ62 @spressomon

Well we are buying pick up orders from HEB because we are in the high risk demographic for covid19. So my wife bought pre-seasoned Texas boneless pork ribs that I picked up this morning and put on the smoker/grill. They aren’t all of the way cooked yet but they are horrible so I’m going to modify on the fly. They taste primarily like cayenne so I added some brown sugar and see if it gives a mellower taste. That helped a lot, but not there yet. So I added just a bit of sage sprinkled on top that helped to tone down the cayenne but leave a little heat. These are getting close todo e, it not there yet. I never add bbq sauce to my bbq, but I think i can save this with sauce since I’m at low temp. Brushed both sides with Napa Jacks sweet and Smokey bbq sauce. Well the combo worked. Not the best bbq I’ve ever had but passable. Fenugreek or even ginger may have made it better, but I out of cooking time.
image.jpg

How long can a starter sit without being used before it's no good?

Without feedings IIRC about 2 weeks. If you maintain it.................

How long can a starter sit without being used before it's no good?
I am on my 5th week , one week at RT and 4 weeks at 8 celcius. presently, I feed 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup water , let it sit at room temp for 6hrs then put back in the frig. at each weekly feeding I take half the starter to make breads. I started a new starter but that one failed after two weeks. It is best to use milled wheat berries bc they usually carry dormant yeast spores.

Fresh catch and cooked right...in camp a couple days ago. Had the place to ourselves as the USFS campgrounds were all closed. And we don't do developed campgrounds anyway; so it all worked out great. For us.

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom