Crank pulley tool for 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cheezypoof

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have one of these, or something like it, that I could borrow, or know of another option I can buy?

Unfortunately Otramm doesn't sell them anymore

Last edited:
Trying to break the bolt loose?
Preparing to try. Gotta do the oil pump and front main seals. I've read some other methods but this seems the best of them. Any experiences to share?

I did the socket on the bolt chained to the frame. Unplug the distributor and crank for about 2 seconds and it broke the bolt loose. Borrowed a 300lb torque wrench from a friend to reinstall. Seemed daunting but Worked like a charm.

Thanks guys, I'll give the starter bump a shot. A friend has a 3/4" breaker bar and torque wrench I can borrow, and hopefully not destroy.

Looking forward to get it cleaned up and drip free. I made the mistake of using synthetic for the last oil change and the reality of 25yr old seals was revealed!

Thanks guys, I'll give the starter bump a shot. A friend has a 3/4" breaker bar and torque wrench I can borrow, and hopefully not destroy.

Looking forward to get it cleaned up and drip free. I made the mistake of using synthetic for the last oil change and the reality of 25yr old seals was revealed!
I’ve got one for the 4.7L in a 100 you can have. Probably wouldn’t work?

Just confirmed bolt spacing isn't the same for the 1FZ and 2UZ, thanks again for the kind offer.

The starter bump works great. I had a home made holder tool for getting the 306 ft/lb torque back on . I gave it to a buddy in Kentucky. I swear I made another. I’ll dig around for it. If I find it I can send it to you. It has a stubby end on it so you can use a length of pipe to hold it

The starter bump works great. I had a home made holder tool for getting the 306 ft/lb torque back on . I gave it to a buddy in Kentucky. I swear I made another. I’ll dig around for it. If I find it I can send it to you. It has a stubby end on it so you can use a length of pipe to hold it
Thanks. If you find it just tape it to an 80 rack and send my way 😁 (actually serious, I was already planning to order one soon, I'll pm you)

Thanks. If you find it just tape it to an 80 rack and send my way 😁 (actually serious, I was already planning to order one soon, I'll pm you)
Lol. Maybe the rack should be more like a Swiss Army knife. Rack, crank tool, torque wrench, knuckle centering tool, scanguage, etc.

I’ll work on it

Lol. Maybe the rack should be more like a Swiss Army knife. Rack, crank tool, torque wrench, knuckle centering tool, scanguage, etc.

I’ll work on it

:rofl:

I found it! Not pretty but holds the crank from turning whilst torquing. Have a 3/4” torque wrench too . I can ship you the head of the holder if you have a hunk of pipe to slide over it
image.jpg
image.jpg

Or meet upfor all the pieces

Or meet upfor all the pieces
Awesome, thanks Patrick!

Hold onto it for now, sent you a PM - it's time for my 80 to step up its game with a Bowfin rack, let's do it all together. When you have one available we can figure out shipping or a visit to your place, could be a nice day trip.

Awesome, thanks Patrick!

Hold onto it for now, sent you a PM - it's time for my 80 to step up its game with a Bowfin rack, let's do it all together. When you have one available we can figure out shipping or a visit to your place, could be a nice day trip.
Sounds good to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom